Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest storage servers out there $/TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest storage servers out there $/TB

Need around 12tb of storage, so far the cheapest I've found is purchasing 12 time4vps $3/month 1tb VPS servers. This is even cheaper/tb than the big OVH/Online.net storage servers I've looked into. Is there anything cheaper? Ideally I would like to purchase 1 dedicated server, interested in seeing anything 10-40TB in size. Thanks

Comments

• Pretty sure the OVH storage server (30TB for 102 USD on the CA site) is one of the best deals at the moment.

• @maldovia said:
    Pretty sure the OVH storage server (30TB for 102 USD on the CA site) is one of the best deals at the moment.

Yeah that's a great deal, still more expensive than time4vps though

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

when do you need it? And where?

I may be able to do around 12TB for 55(ish) EUR /month. Thats for a dedicated server (i3/i5 type)

If you dont even need that much CPU power (C2D?) Can probably do it for around 40 EUR.

• @levi757 said:

@maldovia said:
    Pretty sure the OVH storage server (30TB for 102 USD on the CA site) is one of the best deals at the moment.

Yes, but

-Time4VPS is not a dedicated server

-Time4VPS is not unmetered gigabit

-Time4VPS has IO limits

-Time4VPS is OVZ and does not work well with Plex streaming

-Time4VPS is in Lithuania, with worse latency to central EU and the US than France.

-The OVH deal is also offered in Canada

• Why 12 storage nodes from T4? They have 4TB offers.

• Give Hetzner a look, and also talk to @cociu once he catches up with the overload from last week's promo.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

maldovia said: Yes, but

The OP did not specificy he needed unmetered gigabit. Proper unlimited/dedicated Gbit will be expensive any way, way above the price range the OP is looking for given hes considering 12x $3 /month VPS => $36 .month. You cannot get 1G for that.

-Time4VPS is in Lithuania, with worse latency to central EU and the US than France.

Worse than what? Lithuania has excellent EU connectivity. I can't speak for Time4VPS, but we also do LT services, and the speed and latency we see is excellent across Europe. Besides, Lithuania is technically the actual geographic centre of Europe! And the OP hasnt suggested where he is, so maybe LT would be better for him?

• levi757 said: Ideally I would like to purchase 1 dedicated server, interested in seeing anything 10-40TB in size.

Hetzner SX61

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

levi757 said: levi757

take a look here https://www.hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/cheap-storage-vps

if you pay for long perriod will be better price.

PS : will be in stock in some hours.

• levi757levi757 Member

@maldovia said:

@levi757 said:

@maldovia said:

Yes, but

-Time4VPS has IO limits

All fair points, but not really anything that matters too much to me. I just need to store a bunch of data and be able to retrieve it quickly like two or three times a year.

• levi757levi757 Member

@cociu said:

levi757 said: levi757

take a look here https://www.hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/cheap-storage-vps

if you pay for long perriod will be better price.

PS : will be in stock in some hours.

Your deals are phenomenal as always, in fact I already have one of your 400gb VPS's

• B2 cloud storage... 12TB is US$60 a month but you pay for transfer out

• What did you end up going with? I need to find something for video content backup. I considered B2 since my software supports it, but I am not paying just to download, after already paying per month. I am trying to find out if there's any option better than Box, which is $45/month *unlimited (you know how that goes).

• I don't care if it is dedicated...or processor speed. Just the storage amount.

• mystik1 said: I don't care if it is dedicated...or processor speed. Just the storage amount.

You can only add so many SATA ports on a single system, simple.

In the end the SX291 from Hetzner without VAT is the cheapest on the market overall. Comes out to around 3.1EUR/TB in a RAID6.

(297/1.2)/(13*6) = 3.173EUR

• @maldovia said:

@levi757 said:

@maldovia said:

Yes, but

-Time4VPS has IO limits

But I still use them for one of my backup needs and it works fine.

• hzrhzr Member

maldovia said: Yes, but

-Time4VPS has IO limits

You forgot "Time4VPS is $10-15" and "OVH is $102"

• @levi757 said:
    Need around 12tb of storage, so far the cheapest I've found is purchasing 12 time4vps $3/month 1tb VPS servers. This is even cheaper/tb than the big OVH/Online.net storage servers I've looked into. Is there anything cheaper? Ideally I would like to purchase 1 dedicated server, interested in seeing anything 10-40TB in size. Thanks

I have a question. For what do you use 12tb??

• WHTWHT Member

@graphic said:

@levi757 said:

I have a question. For what do you use 12tb??

To host po*n movies.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

hzr said: You forgot "Time4VPS is $10-15" and "OVH is $102"

For entirely different amounts of storage.

randvegeta said: Besides, Lithuania is technically the actual geographic centre of Europe

It is not.

From top of Sweden/Norway down to Portugal the center is exactly in Sweden on A and from Ireland to ~ Moscow the B side is the border between Poland and Germany. Nearest large cities there are Berlin and Szczecin. Berlin is pretty much the center of Europe - Växjö in Sweden the other. If we assume EU only (thus ending at Poland east) the center is near Cologne, again in Germany.

Lithuania is more east, on the same line as Romania and Bulgaria.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

I currently have ~ 5 TB stored at 1fichier.com Premium plan :) They offer "Unlimited" with ftp access although I heard someone was told to decrease their file size until he settled around ~ 30 TB. Still a good deal considering I grabbed it for 10$/year.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

William said: From top of Sweden/Norway down to Portugal the center is exactly in Sweden on A and from Ireland to ~ Moscow the B side is the border between Poland and Germany. Nearest large cities there are Berlin and Szczecin. Berlin is pretty much the center of Europe - Växjö in Sweden the other.

Europe ends at the Ural Mountains, bordering there with Asia. I don't think your map accounts for that :)

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2017

@William said:
    In the end the SX291 from Hetzner without VAT is the cheapest on the market overall. Comes out to around 3.1EUR/TB in a RAID6.

Yeah but 250€ setup is a statement :D

• hostenshostens Member, Host Rep

@William said:

I think you need to update your geographical knowledge.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • That still puts the dot pretty much where my random pointing ends up, far away from Lithuania...

• If you are not going to share stuff, and it's for internal use, than Gsuites @ 8 EUR x 5 users (for a total of 40 EUR, to go legit) is the best deal to store 12 TB of data.

• I wish there was more competition for disk hosting. I think that, in the end, would be the cheapest per TB.

• haruharu Member

@maldovia said:

Can you please share me the link to order? As i see the price is much higher now