Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISP upload
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISP upload

So I am trying to install windows 2016 on my dedicated server the only problem is the download is 6.5GB I have it downloaded to my pc but I cant upload it to a flash drive because its saying its to big and the flash drive is 32GB and I don't have a large enough CD. So what I did was installed windows 2012 on a server and mounted the windows 2016 to it. My question now is how can I install the windows 2016 from the mount point to the server.

Comments

• lionlion Member
    edited April 2017

Format the USB Stick to a other format

• ScammerProutScammerProut Member
    edited April 2017

@lion said:
    Format the USB Stick to a other format

Formatted it and uploaded the ISO to the USB when I plug it in the server and command the server to boot from USB it tells me the content us unreadable and ask me to just reboot the server. I have no idea why the media would be unreadable the ISO is on the USB and showing.

This server is a dell r710 with iDrac Express.

I am also trying to install it via iDrac console but I cant seem to find the correct program to open the console, usually its java but in this cage it cannot open.

http://imgur.com/LN4DzBD

• In ubuntu there is tool that called winusb to properly format the USB stick with bootable .iso file.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

far as we remember idrac 6 and above require idrac enterprise for the virtual media and kvm functions don't know why dell decided to do that; but that maybe the reason.
    if it helps anyone here is a link explaining this:
    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/514389-dell-idrac-licensing