Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Content Writers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Content Writers

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello all,

Some of you may know us (www.vpsbit.com). We have been around for a couple of years now but we are lacking any significant content in our KB / FAQ. Looking for help to fill it up with mostly generic stuff, but of course relevant to our services/platform.

Overall, it's not a big job, but potentially there could be dozens if not hundreds of pages of content in the long term.

Anyone interested in taking on this task? Willing to pay for the service but would also be willing (and actually probably prefer) to offer a VPS or Dedicated Server in exchange for the service.

Consider this thread to be more of a 'feeler', so I have not put a great deal of thought into what exactly is needed, and how much I am willing to pay for such a service.

Comments

• Have you try post this on fiverr?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@brian777 said:
    Have you try post this on fiverr?

Well known as the home of quality written content.

• What type of content are you looking for? I know you mention Generic so things like OpenVPN? I could sort a few articles

• Interesting

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

brian777 said: Have you try post this on fiverr?

I don't even know what fiverr is.

GenjiSwitchPls said: What type of content are you looking for? I know you mention Generic so things like OpenVPN? I could sort a few articles

No nothing to do with VPN. General stuff about our VPS services such as.

Do you offer backs? NO

How do install X operating system? * Instructions on how to do that *

Can I pay with X, Y, Z? * Yes... no... maybe *

How to reboot?

And then more generic stuff like how to use YUM, or apt-get, or set custom nameservers.

And common issues, like people installing Debian/Ubuntu and forgetting they need to have a basic user account. So familiarity with our system would be a must, which is easily achievable by just using our system.

• I'm interested :)

NubSmoo said: I'm interested :)

Lovely. I'm not sure how to measure the work, but I can be more generous with payment in the form of a VPS or dedicated server in either HK or LT.

• I'm an aussie so best ping for me would be HK so I'd be happy with a vps from there lol

• No reading and writing? Write yourself.

• kh81kh81 Member

I can help you with that. Send me a PM with all the info.

• Is copy paste allowed? Are you dmca proof if I steal the guides from digitalocean?

@stefeman said:
    Is copy paste allowed? Are you dmca proof if I steal the guides from digitalocean?

Ummm. If it is a relevant peice of text, why not reword a little?

Id prefer original of course but generic text will look generic no matter how original it may be. So small changes will suffice.

• BG32BG32 Member

I'm sure jarland would help you lads out with copying DO's content

• I think i can refer this thread to a friend of mine, he does lot of freelance content writing. Might be interested.

• @Nekki said:

@brian777 said:
    Have you try post this on fiverr?

Well known as the home of quality written content.

I paid $5, but all I got was loris ipsum dalor :(

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2017

@randvegeta said:

NubSmoo said: I'm interested :)

Lovely. I'm not sure how to measure the work, but I can be more generous with payment in the form of a VPS or dedicated server in either HK or LT.

Well, DO gives over $200, and VULTR gives $50/article. (but we're LE here, so you could potentially slab that in half, or go even smaller). I'd be interested though; I've written at least 15 articles on VULTR. I'm lenient on compensation, so I'm fine whether it be another idling server, or some cold hard cash :)

doghouch said: DO gives over $200, and VULTR gives $50/article

Article? What kind of 'article'? I'm currently just looking for KB content, so I'm not sure that counts as an 'article'. To me, and article sounds like a news piece or similar. I'm not sure what I'm looking for is comparable.

I'd be interested though; I've written at least 15 articles on VULTR. I'm lenient on compensation, so I'm fine whether it be another idling server, or some cold hard cash :)

I'm glad to see so many people are interested. I have more server capacity than cash laying around, and given the interest, I think I will rescind my offer for $$ and instead offer account credit which can be used to pay towards a VPS with us.

Can you link me to some of your articles?

• I'm interested, and willing to work on trade.

I sent you a message with more details.

Here are a couple of examples if anyone is interested: https://www.psi-green.net/blog

• I'd be able to do this. Would need some information about what your clients usually ask in tickets so I can center the knowledge base around that as well.

Please PM me if you like.

• Hit me up if you want to @randvegeta, I wouldn't mind a few boxes in your locations.

• doghouch said: I paid $5, but all I got was loris ipsum dalor :(

How is Loris these days?