Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any unmanaged dedicated server recommendations for Chicago
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any unmanaged dedicated server recommendations for Chicago

moonmartinmoonmartin Member
edited April 2017 in Providers

Not looking for low end but value which I guess is the next step up from low end. I still want good hardware and good infrastructure and excellent uptime. I prefer SuperMicro hardware. I currently use LeaseWeb but not happy with their Euro based service. I pay double what I pay other providers who give me better more responsive service.

Comments

• DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited April 2017

It'd be super helpful if you tell us what your budget is :) Many of the providers here offer dedicated servers in Chicago.

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited April 2017

Below $100

Xeon E3 1230v2 or better
    16GB RAM
    2x1TB HD

I can get it below $100 in most major cities in the US now a days. I pay LeaseWeb quite a bit more including their higher level support plan and their support is still quite a bit less responsive than the less expensive providers. Their Amsterdam based support and network ops on their Amsterdam servers are ok though

• DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited April 2017

Hello,

Honestly, that's about how much we sell a server with these specs for in Chicago (DuPont Fabros DC), it's E3-1240, not 1230. If you want to spend less, I'm sure a lot of providers here will be happy to work with you. We can do better pricing in our flagship location in New Jersey (NYC Metro).

In regards to Leaseweb's support, I totally get it. I've heard horror stories from people who migrated to us from them too. I'm sorry you've been dealing with it.

If you don't mind paying $199/mo for the same specs, hit me up! If you're looking for $100 or less, I'm sure you'll find something here on LET :)

The quality of support won't be an issue neither with us nor with many other reputable providers on LET.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited April 2017

For Chicago and that budget, do check Mightweb.net. Excellent customer support.