Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtualVM - OpenVZ down for anyone else (Forked.net)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtualVM - OpenVZ down for anyone else (Forked.net)

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited June 2013 in General

My @VirtualVM OpenVZ has been down since Friday. I can still log into the control panel, but the machine seems to be 'dissociated' from it. On Friday AM even though it was running, it showed as stopped in the control panel, and then when I rebooted, it would not come back to life. Now if I hit 'Start', I get 'this operation could not be completed. I put a ticket in and 72 hrs later, I am still waiting for a reply! Anyone else having problems???

Comments

• If that is a free VPS, there's no sense wondering why they are down. If that is not, then this is the sign that they are running away.

• Your VPS isnt down. There's simply a bug in Virtualizor preventing the web interface from working. Log into your server via SSH/VNC/etc.

• I'm back up :-) Thanks @virtualvm

• I'm having the same problem again, the server must have crashed hard as I have a new IP address now. But I can access via SSH. Anyone knows if VNC needs a port number or just IP addres to access the server? And if port number needed, how do I find out what port it is?

@virtualvm.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I lost my server with them. Tried to call them without luck :/

• @netomx said:
    I lost my server with them. Tried to call them without luck :/

I can access the Virtualizor control panel, just can seem to start it up! Can you still access the v control panel for yout VPS?

@asterisk14 said:

Will try today :)

I could log on but with no success starting it

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

Looks like you and I are the only ones here with a @virtualvm VPS. Looks like it was good whilst it lasted :-) RIP @virtualvm

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ScionScion Member

I had one but I'm not sure if it still exists. Haven't tried to access it in awhile. I'll investigate further and let you guys know what I discover :)

• ScionScion Member
    edited May 2014

Yep, looks like mine is gone too. I can log into the client area and it says I still have a service, but the control panel won't start the VPS and it's not running so I can't SSH to it.

I've had several years of absolutely top notch service with Jon at Forked, both with a leased server in the past and a colocated one now. My node for BoneVM is hosted with them and I have nothing but positive feedback so far.

My expectations were pretty low for a free VPS in terms of support and I have to admit it was good while it lasted. It was fast and had more resources than I expected. On the other hand, they rebooted the node without warning on a pretty regular basis and they didn't send out email when they were shutting the free ones down, although I do see a news item when I log into their WHMCS client area:

We hope you have enjoyed the Free VPS service. For the time being we have shutdown the Free VPS service but may offer it again in the future.

It would have been nice to get an email on that one.

Thanked by 1asterisk14
  • @Scion said:
    Yep, looks like mine is gone too. I can log into the client area and it says I still have a service, but the control panel won't start the VPS and it's not running so I can't SSH to it.

I've had several years of absolutely top notch service with Jon at Forked, both with a leased server in the past and a colocated one now. My node for BoneVM is hosted with them and I have nothing but positive feedback so far.

My expectations were pretty low for a free VPS in terms of support and I have to admit it was good while it lasted. It was fast and had more resources than I expected. On the other hand, they rebooted the node without warning on a pretty regular basis and they didn't send out email when they were shutting the free ones down, although I do see a news item when I log into their WHMCS client area:

It would have been nice to get an email on that one.

Yes, I agree, it was a bit rought for the first 4-6 weeks, but then the server was pretty stable and performed fine. Pretty good for a free VPS, just a shame it's forked now (just had to get that in :-) )