Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS - Free bandwidth upgrade and other changes - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS - Free bandwidth upgrade and other changes

13»

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Wow! It was pretty hard to find a non-troll post, but we heard you. Loud and clear!

Everyone, who is not satisfied with current bandwidth increase and would like back to the old plan - submit support ticket at [email protected]. We will revert back your plan to the old one.

Members, who actually use our services, thank you for valuable feedback!

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks! I filled my 512gb plan in the first few weeks that I had it, and now occasionally download some data (typically in a 50GB chunk) but basically use 0 bandwidth most of the time. Therefore port speed is much more useful to me than more bandwidth. It's great to have the opt-out offer so people can choose between the approaches.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited April 2017

willie said: Can someone tell me the port speed of the 512gb plan at this point?

Capped. Hard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v3 @ 1.90GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 1897.743 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 512.0 GB (452.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 512 MB (105 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 256 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 63 days, 8 hour 45 min
    Load average         : 0.08, 0.03, 0.01
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 7
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab123.1
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 58.1 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 52.7 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 53.7 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 54.8 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         11.4MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          3.47MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            2.08MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           11.3MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           11.4MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             1.62MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           5.01MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          4.78MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            11.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           3.93MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          4.32MB/s

• time4vps said: Everyone, who is not satisfied with current bandwidth increase and would like back to the old plan - submit support ticket at [email protected]. We will revert back your plan to the old one.

LOL

• In 2 years, I've never run rtorrent on time4vps.

I think I will now start using my storageVps for some light linux iso seeding, just out of curiosity, for a couple weeks at least.

Judging from my time4vps control panel graphs my monthly avg iops is like 0.3. So, plenty of headroom.

• Are you able to request a higher port speed if you need to restore data quickly?

What about paying extra?

• @BradND said:
    Are you able to request a higher port speed if you need to restore data quickly?

What about paying extra?

They've just lowered port speed what do you think?

@time4vps correct move. Glad to see you decided to switch unlike the Genji mains of our time.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@BradND said:
    Are you able to request a higher port speed if you need to restore data quickly?

What about paying extra?

They've just lowered port speed what do you think?

@time4vps correct move. Glad to see you decided to switch unlike the Genji mains of our time.

>

Ok forum warrior.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@time4vps said:
    Wow! It was pretty hard to find a non-troll post, but we heard you. Loud and clear!

Everyone, who is not satisfied with current bandwidth increase and would like back to the old plan - submit support ticket at [email protected]. We will revert back your plan to the old one.

Not just that, new orders should apply too...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:

@time4vps said:

Why? It's a change to the product line.

• datakodatako Member
    edited April 2017

@MikePT said:

@time4vps said:

Why should new orders also apply? I find what they did more than fair. They paid for that service, they get that service. Now T4V doesn't offer it anymore.

Thanked by 2deadbeef vimalware
  • vishvish Member

@time4vps said:

true democracy in action, I applaud your decision.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@trewq said:

@MikePT said:

@time4vps said:

Why? It's a change to the product line.
    @datako said:

@MikePT said:

@time4vps said:

Why should new orders also apply? I find what they did more than fair. They paid for that service, they get that service. Now T4V doesn't offer it anymore.

I wasn't serious. Thing is, I, personally, won't be ordering further services.

• @MikePT said:

I wasn't serious. Thing is, I, personally, won't be ordering further services.

I think they made the right choice to disappoint 1 person and make 10 happier.

I'm happy, and I'd def order more. Not all providers listen to their customers, plus I haven't had any issue with my 500GB. Wouldn't hurt to get another 1TB too :)

Thanked by 2vimalware WSS
  • datako said: I'm happy, and I'd def order more.

I'm satisfied with the response of offering to restore the old settings to existing plans, so I'm not upset with the provider. But I'm less likely to order a new 1TB plan if it has 100mbit port speed cap, since it's simply a less attractive product from my POV than before. Maybe paradoxically, it might edge me towards getting a 2TB or 4TB, which have faster ports.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Maybe paradoxically, it might edge me towards getting a 2TB or 4TB, which have faster ports.

There's one.

• stabstab Member

On a related note, if we have a legacy 500GB account will we be able to keep it at the same price after the billing cycle ends? Currently on a 2-year plan ending in 2018. Anyone know?

• I think we were told yes, it's a recurring deal. I think mine will also be up in mid-2018 and I expect I'll renew unless something happens.