Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Vilnius DC - 2 or 4U Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Vilnius DC - 2 or 4U Colocation

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I'm looking for backup locations in Lithuania. Already have a place in Kaunas so I am specifically looking for something in Vilnius now.

My requirements are basic. 1Gbit port would be nice, and will need to have good connectivity to all major ISPs in LT of course. Potentially the data transfer could be large but for the time being I would imagine in the 3TB range.

Server will be filled with drives but probably power consumption will be fairly modest and expected to be under 100watts on average.

As it's mainly a backup, not looking for anything fancy. Cheap and cheerful is what I'm after.

Occasional physical access may be required to change disks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Speak to @time4vps maybe?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Indeed. Our data center RackRay has decent connection in Lithuania and whole Europe. Give us a call www.rackray.eu

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hi @time4vps. Is your office and DC in the same place? Address looks like relatively close to Helios City. Is that right?

randvegeta said: Is your office and DC in the same place? Address looks like relatively close to Helios City. Is that right?

Not the same, but very close. We have multiple offices. That one in Helios city is a DC office. Just gives us a call.

@time4vps - Can you give me a ballpark figure fro 2U colo?

randvegeta said: Can you give me a ballpark figure fro 2U colo?

Sure. You will receive an email from one of our sales guys shortly.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Vilnius location is essential? We have DC in Siauliai, starting with collocation offers soon.

bacloud said: Vilnius location is essential?

Yes because it's more a matter of convenience. I spend a lot of time in Vilnius so it would be convenient to drive to the DC from my location. Siauliai is just too far.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta said:

bacloud said: Vilnius location is essential?

Yes because it's more a matter of convenience. I spend a lot of time in Vilnius so it would be convenient to drive to the DC from my location. Siauliai is just too far.

Ok, no problem.
    You can also try to contact Baltneta, As i know from some people, you can get affordable prices.

Data logistics: http://www.datalogistics.lt/en/node/103
    They are an excellent supplier with excellent infrastructure, but not cheap.. lol :)

bacloud said: Data logistics: http://www.datalogistics.lt/en/node/103 They are an excellent supplier with excellent infrastructure, but not cheap.. lol :)

I'm familiar with Data Logistics :-). They are part of LE aren't they? They are undergoing some efficiency improvements as far as I know.

bacloud said: You can also try to contact Baltneta,

Ahh yes as I recall Baltneta have lots of rack space in several DC in LT. And I buy transit from them so it should be excellent connectivity to my existing servers in Kaunas.

Thanks!