Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart ran out of IP addresses.. WTF???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart ran out of IP addresses.. WTF???

Hello!

I tried to order an IP address on the European SYS and could not.
Error "Ip country xx is not available for now".

Comments

• What did you select - clearly not France?

• ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited April 2017

"Ip country fr is not available for now"
    I checked all countries...

• AmitzAmitz Member

Doomsday! Doomsday! Doomsday!

• Details
    We are facing to a delivery slow-down on FailOver IP and RIPE blocks.

A few hours to a few days can be necessary to deliver the IP depending on the number you ordered.

Thanked by 1ngstargate
  • They have such issues from time to time, check my old thread about it here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104718/ovh-do-anybody-else-have-issues-when-ordering-extra-ips

• VPNVPN Member

This happens every now and again. Back in February I wanted to add some more to one of my SYS servers but it said the same thing. The next day it was fine again.

• OVH has been suffering IP shortages for a while now, starting earlier this year. People seem to be taking full advantage of the fact they can get a /24 on some of their hosting range servers thus causing shortages.

I wonder if some people have actually bought a /24 and then announced it as their own IP block lol

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@ethancedrik said:
    OVH has been suffering IP shortages for a while now, starting earlier this year. People seem to be taking full advantage of the fact they can get a /24 on some of their hosting range servers thus causing shortages.

I wonder if some people have actually bought a /24 and then announced it as their own IP block lol

They can't announce it as their own IP block - it will still list
    mnt-by: OVH-MNT

But yes, org, descr and netname can be customized - even on smaller blocks.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Zerpy said:

@ethancedrik said:
    OVH has been suffering IP shortages for a while now, starting earlier this year. People seem to be taking full advantage of the fact they can get a /24 on some of their hosting range servers thus causing shortages.

They can't announce it as their own IP block - it will still list
    mnt-by: OVH-MNT

But yes, org, descr and netname can be customized - even on smaller blocks.

Doesn't prevent it from announcing. RIPE isn't the only DB used by carriers.

• Their model of charging a one-time setup fee and no monthly fees for addresses must have eaten a lot of addresses. I wondered at the time if it was a hoarding maneuver. Could it be catching up with them?

• Hi!

I was able to order 1 poland IP a few days ago.
    I order a dedicated server the day before, and find out I can not get any IPs in anywhere, so I open an ticket and get refund.

Yes, I agree they should change from now if you want more IP, you need to pay monthly, and if u are not using at all, they should recliam.

• RouteItRouteIt Member
    edited April 2017

This is inevitable and there will come a day where OVH will need to start charging more or monthly for IPs.

Soon to launch - https://www.routeit.in/ - you can currently pre-register for Beta.

RouteIt will allow you to route v4 IPs to any server or data centre in the world with minimal added latency. We will also be providing free v6 IPs that you can route anywhere too :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@RouteIt said:
    This is inevitable and there will come a day where OVH will need to start charging more or monthly for IPs.

Soon to launch - https://www.routeit.in/ - you can currently pre-register for Beta.

RouteIt will allow you to route v4 IPs to any server or data centre in the world with minimal added latency. We will also be providing free v6 IPs that you can route anywhere too :)

Bit offtopic for this thread but can you please explain how this will work?

• @trewq said:

@RouteIt said:

Sure - in simple terms - with deployment of lots of POPs in major cities around the world and more scheduled for deployment after Beta, we can deploy tunnels instantly through the portal. IPs will be issued and you can use our simple to use installer to route them straight to your Linux or Windows server/computer. Depending on the location of your server, IPs will always route through the POP with the lowest latency.

You will also be able to manage rDNS and network monitoring. With additional features currently on the dev path.

We've actually found that in some tests, network connections can actually be quicker routing through our POPs because of better traffic shaping than default routes by some data centres.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@RouteIt said:

@trewq said:

@RouteIt said:

Sure - in simple terms - with deployment of lots of POPs in major cities around the world and more scheduled for deployment after Beta, we can deploy tunnels instantly through the portal. IPs will be issued and you can use our simple to use installer to route them straight to your Linux or Windows server/computer. Depending on the location of your server, IPs will always route through the POP with the lowest latency.

You will also be able to manage rDNS and network monitoring. With additional features currently on the dev path.

We've actually found that in some tests, network connections can actually be quicker routing through our POPs because of better traffic shaping than default routes by some data centres.

Sorry, so are you saying you use a different set of IPs per POP or you Anycast them and internally route?

Sounds like a decent product. Especially with the fact that the IPs can easily be moved between servers.

edited April 2017

@RouteIt said:

Who pays for the bandwidth ?
    What about accommodating outgoing traffic when anti spoofing protection is enable - also through the tunnel ? So even more bandwidth ?

What about DDoS protection ?

@trewq said:

@RouteIt said:

@trewq said:

@RouteIt said:

Sorry, so are you saying you use a different set of IPs per POP or you Anycast them and internally route?

Sounds like a decent product. Especially with the fact that the IPs can easily be moved between servers.

You could do EVPN and anycasted gateway by bundling it with L3 VPN at each location. That would allow dynamic re-routing via shortest path with igp metrics. This assuming thy use proper kit for routing and not software.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:

@RouteIt said:

What about accommodating outgoing traffic when anti spoofing protection is enable - also through the tunnel ? So even more bandwidth ?

Exactly. Im pretty sure you wont be providing transiting bandwidth for free :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @rsk said:

@Clouvider said:

@RouteIt said:

Exactly. Im pretty sure you wont be providing transiting bandwidth for free :)

I certainly never said we would be :)

Oh god, youll probably deal with all that overage bw and chasing clients. Because im certain if you drop the ip's out the blue (if you do prepaid bw) people will start screaming

@RouteIt

@rsk said:
    Oh god, youll probably deal with all that overage bw and chasing clients. Because im certain if you drop the ip's out the blue (if you do prepaid bw) people will start screaming

@RouteIt

Well, while I don't personally see this project as a good idea, let's give them a chance ;-).

• @rsk said:

@RouteIt

Certainly do not make any assumptions.

Pre-paid account credit and as-used bandwidth deductions, with options for auto-topup nearing low credit.

I gave a simple explanation of the process and when we are ready to do so, additional information will be made available to pre-Beta registrants.

• tmwctmwc Member

Well, OP, IPv4 doesn't fall off trees. OVH is probably scraping the bottom of it's whole IP landfill now.

@Clouvider said:

@rsk said:

@RouteIt

Well, while I don't personally see this project as a good idea, let's give them a chance ;-).

I always give people a chance, dont get me wrong. But id rather he just came out honestly, and not say "sign up and see".

These are really basic questions :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Wonder if this is a contributing factor behind why they would not let me "Import" mine into OVH.

@tmwc said:
    Well, OP, IPv4 doesn't fall off trees. OVH is probably scraping the bottom of it's whole IP landfill now.

That probably does itself automatically.

Most likely closing a deal on a subnet or transferring one.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Waiting for "ordered 2 days ago, CrapHost slow provisioning" threads...

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I had the same problem on ovh two days ago, called them and they kept saying to try again in 72hours. I went on trying ang managed to get a /27.

• sonicsonic Veteran

SoYouStop :D