Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated kvmoip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated kvmoip

I had pretty bad experiences with lantronix kvm single device. I have 10 new servers that just came in and I want them to have dedicated KVMoIP what device is good for this? What do you use and what are the benefits.

Appreciate the feedback

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you sure they don't have IPMI's?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Are you sure they don't have IPMI's?

Francisco

They all use iDrac6 Express but it doesn't allow OS installs remotely which is why I am looking for another solution. They are Dell servers I don't have issues with my supermicro servers only the dells.

• You need to have iDrac Enterprise to enable remote cd/img. for iDrac6 this is just a add on card there are no extra licensing fees like iDrac7 and up. You can get a iDrac6 entiprise card for under $25 off ebay.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

Dedicated KVM devices other than lantronix (which yeah, all hell..) will set you back quite a bit of money if you want one for every server. In the future you'd be much better off getting some Supermicro/Intel servers.

Thanked by 1ScammerProut