Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High end shared/managed hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High end shared/managed hosting?

KeyKey Member
edited April 2017 in Help

I'm looking for high end shared or managed cpanel hosting service with good resources and cheap/decent price. I'm sick of using VPS's and managing stuff by reading tutorials online, while i could spend that time working on my websites and do other stuff.

Can you guys recommend some. Looking for US locations.

Thanks

Comments

• Maybe buy something over 30 usd/month from @Francisco, they throw in management then.

Thanked by 4Key Francisco dwtbf Lee
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

KnownHost.

Thanked by 3Key dwtbf Lee
  • WellKnownHost

Thanked by 1Key
  • WSSWSS Member

@raindog308 I dunno about that guy.. he bought a Jeep Lattitude from Bandwich motors.

Not to say they're better, but I've had a few clients over the years migrate to HostWinds when I stopped supporting SMB, and I never had any complaints- but then again the phone was disconnected after a few months, so..

Thanked by 1Key
  • jhjh Member

If you're on a budget then you're better off using a control panel e.g. Serverpilot than hiring a crappy management company

Thanked by 1Key
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@teamacc said:
    Maybe buy something over 30 usd/month from @Francisco, they throw in management then.

Thanks!

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Key said:
    I'm looking for high end shared or managed cpanel hosting service with good resources and cheap/decent price. I'm sick of using VPS's and managing stuff by reading tutorials online, while i could spend that time working on my websites and do other stuff.

Can you guys recommend some. Looking for US locations.

Thanks

What resources are we talking about and what is your budget?

• Thanked by 1Key
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I'd say KnownHost unless you need more resources for the cost.

Thanked by 1Key
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2017

KnownHost or FutureHosting and you are done.

• LiquidWeb :)
    Heroic Support. 60 seconds response time in Live Chat. Straightforward good..and pricey :D

• For managed host KnownHost are well known not just in LET.

• @Fransico's BuyShared is really good. Ask them for something custom.

• KeyKey Member

@jh said:
    If you're on a budget then you're better off using a control panel e.g. Serverpilot than hiring a crappy management company

Thanks for suggesting Serverpilot. I bought a VPS from Francisco and using it with Serverpilot. So far things looks pretty good. Glad i asked for help here.

Thanked by 2MikeA pbgben
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited April 2017

Amitz said: KnownHost or FutureHosting and you are done.

Thanks for recommending us! :-)

brian777 said: For managed host KnownHost are well known not just in LET.

We are Known Everywhere. ;-)

• saf31saf31 Member

Serverpilot is awesome, you can also look at easyengine and centminmod. I use easyengine and it takes only two commands to create a well optimized wordpress installation.

https://easyengine.io/

http://centminmod.com/

• Mediatemple is the big name.

• @Francisco said:

@teamacc said:
    Maybe buy something over 30 usd/month from @Francisco, they throw in management then.

Thanks!

Francisco

@Francisco, can you please elaborate on what I can get for this $30 USD a month?

• Namecheap has a good shared imo,

• Why nobody recommend HostGator ? I thought they are number one in the industry

• @yokowasis said:
    Why nobody recommend HostGator ? I thought they are number one in the industry

Naah, godaddy is the number one, followed by Bluehost and ipage. Hostgator is after them.

Thanked by 2jvnadr mikei
  • @Junkless said:

@yokowasis said:
    Why nobody recommend HostGator ? I thought they are number one in the industry

Naah, godaddy is the number one, followed by Bluehost and ipage. Hostgator is after them.

I always thought if you need domain go to GoDaddy and use HostGator as the hosting.

• @yokowasis said:
    I always thought if you need domain go to GoDaddy and use HostGator as the hosting.

Misinformation, I tell you.

Thanked by 1mk1
  • WSSWSS Member

Get your domain with eNom and your hosting with GoDaddy, of course.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mansoor said:

@Francisco said:

@teamacc said:

Thanks!

Francisco

@Francisco, can you please elaborate on what I can get for this $30 USD a month?

Are you wanting cPanel or whats your prerogative? It wouldn't be free, it'd be an extra $11/month, but there's no mention of a budget anywhere.

Francisco

• You could try https://www.mddhosting.com , have heard many good things about them.

• bersybersy Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding well, it's been 3 months.

• @bersy said:

Pardon me bersy, but I'm not following you. Could you be clarify what exactly you mean by "it's been 3 months"?

• edited July 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@bersy said:

Pardon me bersy, but I'm not following you. Could you be clarify what exactly you mean by "it's been 3 months"?

The thread was opened in April, which was 3 months ago, and the OP has most likely found a provider by now.

• @matthewkilpatrick said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@bersy said:

The thread was opened in April, which was 3 months ago, and the OP has most likely found a provider by now.

But, I wasn't the one reviving this thread.