Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to give a public IP or forward ports to server behind uncontrollable NAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to give a public IP or forward ports to server behind uncontrollable NAT

dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
edited January 2012 in General

I currently use autossh (spawned from /etc/rc.local) to forward ports from one VPS to my home systems, but it has 1 major issue. Every connection's source IP is the internal IP of the box running autossh. How can I make the real IP be seen as the source IP by whatever it connects to? Also, it needs to be able to auto reconnect if the connection is lost.

Comments

• I don't understand this part:

@dmmcintyre3 said: Every connection's source IP is the internal IP of the box running autossh.

Can you explain me? :D

• 192.168.1.200 = my home KVM node with autossh running to allow remote access to some services running in VMs on it.

any vm will think every connection comes from 192.168.1.200.

• Hmmm got it.
    Sounds complicated :S I guess the only way can be doing something with iptables to forward that connections instead of ssh tunnels?

• Mabye but the server and your homeserver in a VPN and then just do NATting?