Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help testing an iOS app on IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help testing an iOS app on IPv6

jhjh Member
edited April 2017 in Help

Does anyone have a native IPv6 connection and an iPhone with the latest iOS?

Apple have rejected an app we're working on, are giving us zero useful information other than a generic and unhelpful copy-paste IPv6-not-working message. IPv6 looks fine to me but ours isn't a native IPv6 connection.

Happy to drop you a few $/LEB at your choice of provider.

Thanks

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

I have native IPv6, and latest iOS(10.3.1) on ip7+

Feel free to message me if you haven't found anybody to help out yet.

• What they mean by that is the server your app connects to (web server or other) does not have IPv6 connectivity.

• jhjh Member

Thanks @Foul. PM on its way.

@DigitalFyre that's the odd thing though - CloudFlare should be serving a v6 version of our API and internal testing suggests that is working.

James

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@jh said:
    Thanks @Foul. PM on its way.

@DigitalFyre that's the odd thing though - CloudFlare should be serving a v6 version of our API and internal testing suggests that is working.

James

Could be something with CloudFlare. I had issues with Aruba cloud's ipv6 connecting to all CloudFlare ipv6 addresses but not to other ipv6 addresses. I never figured out what it was...

• jh said: IPv6 looks fine to me

Everything your app does must be working with a pure ipv6-only connection (with no ipv4 at all). This means the name servers for whatever domain you are using must be reachable and working over ipv6 too.

• I had already pm'ed you, if still looking out, reach me out.

• jhjh Member

rds100 said: Everything your app does must be working with a pure ipv6-only connection (with no ipv4 at all). This means the name servers for whatever domain you are using must be reachable and working over ipv6 too.

Yeah. CloudFlare should do that.

vfuse said: Could be something with CloudFlare. I had issues with Aruba cloud's ipv6 connecting to all CloudFlare ipv6 addresses but not to other ipv6 addresses. I never figured out what it was...

That's what I need to figure out. Apple's copy-paste message is completely unhelpful.

jetchirag said: I had already pm'ed you, if still looking out, reach me out.

Thanks. I'll see what @Foul finds first.

• FoulFoul Member

I responded to your PM.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2017

jh said: Yeah. CloudFlare should do that.

Depends on how you have things set up. Do you also use CloudFlare nameservers, did you also add IPv6 glue records for them at your registrar. Does your registrar even support those. Check your domain at https://ip6.nl/, should be 5/5 stars. Well at least "IPv6-only DNS" needs to be green, not that you also need IPv6 mail servers.

• jhjh Member

Thanks @rm_. We're using CloudFlare's nameservers and ip6.nl is all green except MX.