Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverspeeder vs Google BBR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverspeeder vs Google BBR

Serverspeeder is quite popular in China for shadowsocks servers but the only version I can find is a cracked version. It appears that the company offering this software doesn't exist anymore? I found this tutorial for setting up a shadowsocks server with Google BBR and I followed it to set up a second server on Vultr to compare it with my serverspeeder server. After testing both servers for a few days, I found almost no difference in the speed during all times of the day between the two servers (both using the Los Angeles location with China Telecom in Shenzhen). Has anyone else tested serverspeeder vs bbr on the same server? Maybe one is better than the other for certain network conditions or certain VPS providers? What about Openvz? I know it's not possible to use serverspeeder on Openvz. Is it possible to use bbr on Openvz?

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

No and no for both in openvz

• m3gfm3gf Member

@hostdare said:
    No and no for both in openvz

bbr can be installed in ovz in a special way.
    take a look at this :
    https://www.91yun.org/archives/6281

• MxlMxl Member

Kcptun is faster than they both.

• ihellihell Member

I prefer Google BBR, as it can somehow reduce the rate that a packet losses and the latency is shorter, compared with serverspeeder creaked verson.
    反正我选择BBR,在我的实用中丢包率和延迟均优于锐速pj版。