Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a dedi with budget $100
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a dedi with budget $100

NickmanNickman Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

Guys, I'm trying to find a dedi server, with over 8 GB RAM, and CPU E3 or better,
Disk 500GB, G port, unlimited bandwidth, fast for China connecting, budget about $100
any good offer or advice?
and IPs over250
thanks in advance

Comments

• The server is easily covered by $100, but unmetered 1Gbit port? Not really.

Check out Quadranet LA and take a look at Asia optimized routes, if you're fine with limited bandwidth.

• Good china bandwidth is expensive. Last I heard it was around 30 usd per mbit per month.

• Hi, We can offer in Romania, M247 datacenter if that would help.

• @teamacc said:
    Good china bandwidth is expensive. Last I heard it was around 30 usd per mbit per month.

yeah, but frankly I think west US should be ok, just with low ping and no lose package

• @racksx said:
    Hi, We can offer in Romania, M247 datacenter if that would help.

EU is not so friendly to China line I think, and forget to info request of 254 IPs.
    Thanks also for your info. if need next time will contact u

• One server with 254 IPs in $100, you might be nut :)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

IPS with China optimsed and dedi will cost you more than your budget .We have dedi and IPS china optimised with quadranet if you want in more budget . But 1gbps will cost you 2.5 USD per Mbps just for the bandwidth.

• @racksx said:
    One server with 254 IPs in $100, you might be nut :)

sure, some company offer the cheap ips. and for the dedi server, .hetzner offers the 16GB RAM,and i7 CPU with about 29€

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Nickman said:

@racksx said:

sure, some company offer the cheap ips. and for the dedi server, .hetzner offers the 16GB RAM,and i7 CPU with about 29€

And they'll do you 250 IPs for the remaining $81?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Not going to happen with unmetered gigabit port, a /24, and have a good china connection. Budget is not even realistic.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Nekki said:

@Nickman said:

@racksx said:

And they'll do you 250 IPs for the remaining $81?

they offer € 26.89 for 30 extra ips. so I'm finding a better one maybe

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Not going to happen with unmetered gigabit port, a /24, and have a good china connection. Budget is not even realistic.

or maybe 120 , 130 like that?

• @Nekki

$100 - $29 != $81

:D

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Well you cannot compare hetzner pricing with China optimsed link . You need to decrease expections or increase cost at least two time

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Nekki

$100 - $29 != $81

Autocorrect. I type $81 a lot.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Nickman said: sure, some company offer the cheap ips. and for the dedi server, .hetzner offers the 16GB RAM,and i7 CPU with about 29€

A /24 normally cost more than $100 /month. But even if you can find a decent price for IPs,

1Gbit with good connectivity to China? Not going to happen.

You need to lower your requirements, especially with the 'unlimited' bandwidth part.

• We can offer GIA (Global internet Access) CN2 for China customers.

This route to China is better than Zenlayer and QN or any other had CN2 route Datacenter.

We can offer E3-1240 16G 500G SAS 10T@1Gbps /29 IPs for $149 include China optimized route. Inbound we use CN1, Telia, He, GTT for anti DDoS. You know GIA CN2 don't have much bandwidth in Los Angeles.

Here is a test report http://ping.cat/?target=North_America.Nyavm_US_3

You can compare with Zenlayer/QN/DCS. You will find our ping is the most stable. Less package loss and low ping to China.

• m3gfm3gf Member

quadranet do provide china optimized IPs at $1 per IP.
    20TB bandwidth and G port is realistic.
    but you are not going to get unmeterd BW at $100,maybe $1000 is realistic.

• m3gfm3gf Member

you are going to sell VMs i guess,but 250+ Vpses in a E3 server is insane,your load average will be at 10+ when there is 100 VMs on that server.

• @Nekki said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Nekki

$100 - $29 != $81

Autocorrect. I type $81 a lot.

You're not gay, but $81 is $81?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

teamacc said: You're not gay, but $81 is $81?

What's your point? I type $81 about 2-300 times a day and used to mistype it a lot so $x1 always gets autocorrected to $81 now. Stupid Apple.

• shellshell Member

@m3gf said:
    you are going to sell VMs i guess,but 250+ Vpses in a E3 server is insane,your load average will be at 10+ when there is 100 VMs on that server.

selling ip for proxy probably

m3gf said: you are going to sell VMs i guess

I'm positive that cannot be the case given the OP only requested 8GB RAM and 500GB HDD.

I concur with @shell. Proably some sort of proxy or VPN or traffic forwarding service.

• Nickman said: IPs over250

If ipv6 is ok I can help with this.

willie said: If ipv6 is ok I can help with this.

You have good China connectivity on IPv6 addresses?

• Nope, just with the ip addresses. Person wanted 250+ addresses plus server and moby bw for $100, I figure v6 is the only way to make the addresses work. I.e. snark.

willie said: I.e. snark.

You got my hopes up for a moment. The only IPv6 connectivity I have right now is via HE.net and Choopa, which is pretty poor to China...

Our other upstreams in HK seem to want to charge more for IPv6 connectivity than for IPv4.... as if it were a separate service even. So looking for decent IPv6 connectivity to Asia/China.

• Chinese nike now selling limited-edition knock-offs?

• Truly Unmetered 1gbps dedicated link is impossible for 100$.
    China good bandwidth price is crazy, for your budget you will not find what your search.