Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need cheap webhosting primarily for email WITH NO INCOMMING SPAM FILTERING
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need cheap webhosting primarily for email WITH NO INCOMMING SPAM FILTERING

sanvitsanvit Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

Hi I need the folowing cPanel web hosting for personal mails WITH NO SPAM FILTERING FOR INCOMMING EMAILS

• 5G SSD perferred

• 0 Bandwidth is OK as long as email bandwidth doesn't count.

• Supports TLS auth for SMTP server

• Any location is fine

• UNLIMITED ADDON DOMAINS AND MAIL ACCOUNTS

• NO SPAM FILTERING OF ANY KIND (including but not limited to SpamCop, SpamAssasin, etc./Shouldn't reject ANY EMAIL)

• 99.9%+ uptime

• smtp:yourcpaneladdress.com lookup in mxtoolbox.com should return all checks

• Would be nice if I can set up SMTP relay (SparkPost)

• Budget <=$5/y, but flexible

The most important thing is NO SPAM FILTERING and DON'T REJECT EMAIL FOR ANY REASON

Spam filtering for outgoing mails is fine.

Thankyou

Comments

• So you want email hosting with zero spam filters? Drop the cpanel requirement and go get some cheap VPS and use VestaCP

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    So you want email hosting with zero spam filters? Drop the cpanel requirement and go get some cheap VPS and use VestaCP

Tried that, but didn't work out that well... :(

• Spammers are not welcome..

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@ngstargate said:
    Spammers are not welcome..

Not sending out spam mails.... Just mails from our local providers sometime has 50+ spamassasin score or listed on spamcop, baracuda, etc.

Spam checking for outgoing mails is fine

• sanvit said: Tried that, but didn't work out that well... :(

Then use without panel. just postfix dovecot mysql.

sanvit said: Not sending out spam mails.... Just mails from our local providers sometime has 50+ spamassasin score or listed on spamcop, baracuda, etc.

whitelist your client domain and give score 100

• @sibaper said:

sanvit said: Tried that, but didn't work out that well... :(

Then use without panel. just postfix dovecot mysql.

That didn't work out either... :(

I'm sick of managing mail server now... That's why I'm looking for cP hosts..

sanvit said: Not sending out spam mails.... Just mails from our local providers sometime has 50+ spamassasin score or listed on spamcop, baracuda, etc.

whitelist your client domain and give score 100

Nah, I'll just go with no spam filter

• ZerpyZerpy Member

On (almost) any cPanel server you have the possibility to disable spam filters :-) Unless the provider removed built-in functionality in cPanel for sure.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@Zerpy said:
    On (almost) any cPanel server you have the possibility to disable spam filters :-) Unless the provider removed built-in functionality in cPanel for sure.

First went with MXroute and because of their default spam setting, I tried moving to another host that says they don't filter spam(with SpamAssasin turned off on my account). However, mails were still rejected for some unknown reason...(All I get from my local provider is : Couldn't send the email to XXXX@XXX. Please try again later)

• Maybe ask @mailcheap if that's possible, I think the system they use lets you turn it off per domain although it's probably more than $5/yr

• @dragon2611 said:
    Maybe ask @mailcheap if that's possible, I think the system they use lets you turn it off per domain although it's probably more than $5/yr

Mailcheap is totally out of my budget... :(

• Short of maybe a cheap VPS and rolling your own you might struggle with $5/yr

Look at modoboa or mailcow if you want to make the setup easier, @mailcheap use modoboa although I suspect they've customised it a bit to work with their provisioning systems/cloud environment.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • I'll agree with some of the other posts suggesting going for a VPS.

I have Postfix running to accept all mails (plain Postfix, no Spamassasin/amavisd etc.) and read my mail using Thunderbird installed on the VPS (through VNC). However, depending on your use case, you may need to use IMAP, in which case you'd have to set up dovecot and other software...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2017

That's just a recipe for learning why spam filters exist. Running with no filters or any plan to limit incoming email (IP rate limits or blocks, anything really) causes a lot of problems. The volume you get with filters does not even closely resemble the volume you get with none, because the lack of rejection causes it to snowball and grow exponentially over time until your MTA falls over and your inbox is unusable.

The only question is when. Could be 2 years. Could be a week. But when it happens, it will happen hard, and your domain will forever be distributed on the lists used for it. The more spam your domain accepts, the more it will receive.

Have you considered just having more adjustable filters instead of no filters? Would be much better. I have to have global filters because the servers are shared and I have to keep them online, but if you ran your own cpanel server (for example) you'd have no such requirement and could adjust as needed.

• sanvit said: The most important thing is NO SPAM FILTERING and DON'T REJECT EMAIL FOR ANY REASON

Probably most important thing to avoid stupid made IP and spam blockers and avoid non delivered emails :)

• did you mean <=$5/mo?

• @teknikl said:
    did you mean <=$5/mo?

If that means less or equal to $5, then yes. Still trying to figure out how that works... :(

• Zoho Mail? They're free, and they let you turn off the spam filter. Which you should do, because it's trash.

• @sanvit said:

@teknikl said:
    did you mean <=$5/mo?

If that means less or equal to $5, then yes. Still trying to figure out how that works... :(

Ooops I meant $5 per year!

@jgillich said:
    Zoho Mail? They're free, and they let you turn off the spam filter. Which you should do, because it's trash.

I was leaving Zoho as the last option since I have to make an account per domain... :(

Thanks!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

sanvit said: @teknikl said: did you mean <=$5/mo?

Seriously...

• sanvit said: WITH NO SPAM FILTERING FOR INCOMMING EMAILS