Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All these VMs, are we supposed to pay taxes ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All these VMs, are we supposed to pay taxes ?

If we are living in EU and buying something from inside the EU from do have to pay the taxes but what if we buy a VM from USA or ASIA or Australia do we still have to pay their local taxes ?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Nope

• Only if you are in the same state as the company is registered in and if that is a state law. But most states don't take tax over virtual products. And there's always income tax ;-)

• rds100rds100 Member

You have to pay the VAT in your own country since the other company didn't charge you with VAT.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

The way our taxes work is quite interesting:

• We don't have to charge our clients sales tax since we're selling intangable items (Colorado State tax code).
    • We don't have to pay federal taxes on business income. (S-Corp)
    • We only on dividends (IE profits we collect) and that's counted as capitol gains, which is about a 20 - 30% tax dependent on bracket.
    • I can pay myself a salary outside of the capitol gains for as much as I like. I have to pay standard income tax on that.

So no, our clients don't pay taxes and we don't pay taxes unless we make $$,$$$+.

• quddusquddus Member

@rds100 said:
    You have to pay the VAT in your own country since the other company didn't charge you with VAT.

How to do that.................. ?

I believe company has to charge end users but not the companies while doing business inside the Europe

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

No sales tax (GST) in Australia if your gross business income are sub $75k a year (unless you voluntarily register).

• Not need to pay taxes

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:
    No sales tax (GST) in Australia if your profits are sub $75k a year (unless you voluntarily register).

Actually it's your revenue with some exclusions but the $75k figure is correct.

Your GST turnover is your gross business income (not your profit), excluding any:

GST included in sales to your customers

sales that are not for payment and are not taxable supplies (for example, some supplies to associates)

sales not connected with a business that you carry on

input taxed sales you make

sales not connected with Australia.

From http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.aspx?menuid=0&doc=/content/20724.htm&page=5#P174_7741

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@trewq that will teach me for making a simplification. Corrected my incorrect comment. Thanks.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited June 2013

@SplitIce said:
    trewq that will teach me for making a simplification. Corrected my incorrect comment. Thanks.

Haha no problem.

• quddus - YOU don't have to pay THEIR taxes. It's just like when you got on holiday and buy something 'duty' (tax) free.

• Yeah AU customers have to pay GST. Quite a disadvantage for us actually.

• quddusquddus Member

@asterisk14 said:
    quddus - YOU don't have to pay THEIR taxes. It's just like when you got on holiday and buy something 'duty' (tax) free.

Very nice example
    thanks for the explanation.