Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Windows dedi in Europe to Remotely access it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Windows dedi in Europe to Remotely access it

Hello,

I'm looking for a Windows dedicated server 32-bit OS. Preferably Windows 7.

Minimum: 4GB Ram, 500GB HD

Basically I'm looking to remotely control the server and use it for different applications for a small group of users.

Location should be in Europe for a lower latency.

Torrents should not be a problem.

Not necessarily a LET price.

Also if you have any suggestions about a good provider, please let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• redstation?

• BradNDBradND Member

budget?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think OVH can do it.

• I am not 100% on this, but I was under the impression that Windows 7 isn't able to be licensed on virtual instances. I thought you were only able to license the server editions? Just putting that out there to help with your expectations, most hosts likely wont offer anything with a non-server based windows os.

Cheers!

• @Maounique said:
    I think OVH can do it.

That's the cheapest option and the most torrent friendly (legal torrents only). 19.99€ (VAT exclusive) for an N2800 w/4GB RAM, 2 x500GB HD

If you need more power, you can usually pickup an AMD Athlon 5600 X2 or Opteron 1218 w/4GB RAM, 2x500GB for 25€-30€ (VAT Inclusive) at Hetzner's serverbidding.com but torrents would be a problem.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Intel Atom D525 / D2500 (Depending on whats in hand)
    500 GB x 2 HDD
    4 GB RAM
    3 TB bandwidth
    You'll get temp. KVM access to install Win7
    $30/month

Legal torrents only, PM me :)

• HybridHybrid Member

Thanks everyone, I think I will check OVH servers

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2013

@TheLinuxBug said:
    I am not 100% on this, but I was under the impression that Windows 7 isn't able to be licensed on virtual instances.

I am not sure what you mean, the OP asked about a dedi, not a virtual instance.

However, a virtual instance is arguably a computer and it is not explicitly forbidden for the customer to install his own copy.

Microsoft itself licenses windows xp with virtual pc in it's windows 7 pro and ultimate versions, it is included if you wish to install a copy.

If you mean that he can get a license from the DC, indeed, that is not possible, but could get own retail version. It is a bit of a grey area, but I am sure there wont be a legal way for microsoft to extort money from anyone just because the hardware is simulated and only rented, not owned.

A retail copy can be transferred too, so that wont be an issue either.

Also, what better way to install and test windows if not in a virtual environment ? This argument will work too and trial versions can be installed without limits, IMO, without being a lawyer, this is how I am interpreting things. What is not forbidden is allowed, and a virtual instance is no less than a real computer since Microsoft itself has ways of licensing those, albeit in own hypervisors.

• Not sure if it will work for you but I use dedifrance.com they are pretty cheap.