Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPSs in Sao Paulo ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPSs in Sao Paulo ?

Hi, somebody can offer cheap VPSs in Sao Paulo / Brazil ? Thanks !

Comments

• Won't happen, lack of data centers. EDIS has services in Chile but that's about it.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

I live in here and this is damn horrible. It's another planet, trust me.

• It's probably why most Brazilians go with Miami, FL

• ianlacerdaianlacerda Member
    edited June 2013

I'm interested too, but the prices of bandwidth and energy in Brazil are too high. I don't see a change in that behaviour for this decade...
    The Under, Uol Host, Locaweb cloud services here are charging US$ 50,00 or 100 reais for 1GB RAM, a ridiculous price. Aside the fact that Brazil is the most protecionist nation in the world and has an absurd tax burden.

• DigitalOcean is considering Sao Paulo but costs and infrastructure are a stumbling block for them and anyone wanting to offer LEB services in Brazil or South America

The location that we are looking into is Sao Paulo.

So far we have seen that datacenter costs are 2x - 3x higher then the US.

Bandwidth costs unfortunately currently are 10x-15x higher than the US.

The other main issue that we are looking into is to understand the infrastructure and resilience of the facilities to see if they have the appropriate measures in place for redundant power, backup power, generators, cooling, etc

http://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digital-ocean/suggestions/3614876-brazilian-datacenter?page=1&per_page=20

The only current low end offering in Sao Paulo is Amazon's EC2 Free Tier offer and the network quality of their Brazilian location leaves a lot to be desired.
    http://aws.amazon.com/free/

Miami, FL

The infrastructure sucks in South America compared to the US or Europe and most country-to-country connections are routed up through Miami and then back down again which is why my main "South American" DNS server is in Miami with VelociHost.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

@DomainBop, I've been in other south american countries and is more or less OK. In fact I was really amazed about IT in Chile, very good technology.

In this case, I'm not talking about "Aouth America". What I mean is that Brazil specifically isa real Monopoly and has strong economy interests.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Yeah, already saw it, that's about $70USD :)

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Expensive, but anyway ! :)

• i can offer you PM me but could be work near newyourk ? new jersey or los angeles ? :)

• SpiritSpirit Member

"Cheap VPSs in Sao Paulo?"

@omlinux what part of this you don't understand. Do you have basic idea where Sao Paulo is? You're bumping up older threads with some stupid comments all the time. Stop it!