Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a DDoS protected VPS/VDS below 20 USD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a DDoS protected VPS/VDS below 20 USD

Hello,
I'm looking for a VPS/VDS that offers a DDoS protection of 100+Gbps. My ideal plan is
2 or more CPU cores
2G or more RAM
40+ Raid Storage (both hdd or ssd is ok)
KVM, ISO(archlinux) mounting support.
Anyone can give me some recommendations?
THx

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@VirMach any specials available for Voxility?>/del>

Their special still seems to be valid. check their recent offer post

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Check out BuyVM's KVM Slices, for $18/month you can get one of their 4GB KVM VPSes with DDoS Protection.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Francisco
  • ihellihell Member

@KuJoe said:
    Check out BuyVM's KVM Slices, for $18/month you can get one of their 4GB KVM VPSes with DDoS Protection.

However, their 4G slice seems to have 1 core only, maybe that would be low performance while building mysql or other environments

@ihell said:

@KuJoe said:

However, their 4G slice seems to have 1 core only, maybe that would be low performance while building mysql or other environments

But it's a dedicated 1 core. ;) Maybe take a look at OVH's public cloud options, the $13.49 option might fit your needs.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • ihellihell Member

@KuJoe said:

@ihell said:

@KuJoe said:

But it's a dedicated 1 core. ;) Maybe take a look at OVH's public cloud options, the $13.49 option might fit your needs.

So I'm now hesitating. Do 1 dedicated core performance better than 2 vCores? Maybe I wouldn't take OVH into account, my local network has a bad connection to their network

• ihellihell Member

Maybe a voxility provider would be ok

@ihell said:

>

So I'm now hesitating. Do 1 dedicated core performance better than 2 vCores? Maybe I wouldn't take OVH into account, my local network has a bad connection to their network

It all depends on a lot of factors. If the host node is under-utilized then, with all other things being equal, 2 shared cores would perform better than 1 dedicated core but only until all of the cores started being used by other VPSes. If you can't find anything else that fits your needs then I would give BuyVM a try and if the 1 CPU core isn't enough just cancel and shop around until you find something you like.

• BopieBopie Member

@piohost ;) they/we have 100Gbps on the KVM packages https://manage.piohost.co.uk/cart.php?gid=16

in-house corero smart walls that protect the server

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110712/virmach-7-yr-500gbps-protection-13-yr-512mb-kvm-23-yr-1gb-windows-39-dedis#latest

$34 a year. You can upgrade your disk and add a core for some additional costs but you'll stay within your budget. You can also purchase our SSD4G package with protection for $17 a month and use coupon code LEB30 for 30% off. That package is 2 cores and 40GB disk. Protection (Voxility) is only offered in Los Angeles at this time. ISO mounts are done manually, but it's supported.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • +1 for piohost and VirMach

using both of them and VMs are very stable and support is quite fast. Didn't tried their DDoS protection though... If you need EU location go for piohost, if you need US go for VirMach!

• ihellihell Member

@VirMach said:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110712/virmach-7-yr-500gbps-protection-13-yr-512mb-kvm-23-yr-1gb-windows-39-dedis#latest

$34 a year. You can upgrade your disk and add a core for some additional costs but you'll stay within your budget. You can also purchase our SSD4G package with protection for $17 a month and use coupon code LEB30 for 30% off. That package is 2 cores and 40GB disk. Protection (Voxility) is only offered in Los Angeles at this time. ISO mounts are done manually, but it's supported.

I saw your ToS doesnt allow clients to run their CPU 100% for a period. But in some cases my hosting applications may run full CPU for hours. Do you approve plans suitable?

• @ihell said:

@VirMach said:

I saw your ToS doesnt allow clients to run their CPU 100% for a period. But in some cases my hosting applications may run full CPU for hours. Do you approve plans suitable?

No hosts will allow that unless you get a dedicated core. VirMach does have a 'high cpu' addon that overides their AUP for $5/mo. With that addon, yes you can utilize their CPU for 100% for unlimited time.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

ihell said: I saw your ToS doesnt allow clients to run their CPU 100% for a period. But in some cases my hosting applications may run full CPU for hours. Do you approve plans suitable?

We do offer a dedicated CPU option on that package for an additional $10 per month. So $15/mo for the SSD4G, $2/mo for the protection, and $10 for the dedicated (2) logical cores. That's $27/mo, and with the LEB30 coupon it's $22.50, which is slightly out of your budget since it doesn't discount addons. Might I suggest getting what I described on a quarterly basis? $12/mo + $26.25 per quarter, which equates to $20.75 per month.

If you private message me I think I can do a price override for you to be within your budget - $18.90 per month. Basically, I'll apply the coupon to the addons.

Thanked by 1ihell