Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

goPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

goPanel

DeanDean Member

Hey y'all. I came across goPanel the other day, and was wondering how many of you already use it?

It installs everything on a remote server needed to host sites (apart from DNS); but the control panel itself sits on your own Mac, so doesn't take any extra resources.

So far, in my testing, it seems to be pretty nifty.

http://gopanel.io/

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

$25 for a service whose app only runs on OS X. You're in the wrong building.

Thanked by 3Rhys ElliotJ netomx
  • DeanDean Member

Ha! As an OSX user, I've found it intriguing because all you need are blank servers/VPSes and you can add as many as you want :-p

• AmitzAmitz Member

@WSS said:

Just because you are living in a Windows trailerpark does not mean that everyone else here is too.

• LeeLee Veteran

It's pricey, but I can see the value in it for a lot of people. It fills a gap many will be willing to pay for.

• LeeLee Veteran

Actually no, it's not that pricey at all for a one time, I thought it was subscription based.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Nice find! Quite a unique approach, I'll buy just to support that. Bonus points if it saves me 30 minutes one day, time is the one thing I can't get more of.

Thanked by 3doghouch Lee lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran

I tried it out, pretty decent features, nice interface. Will probably buy that, it's giving me some seriously good and speedy options to set up servers with no effort, well worth $25.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2017

@jarland said:
    Nice find! Quite a unique approach, I'll buy just to support that. Bonus points if it saves me 30 minutes one day, time is the one thing I can't get more of.

Use my patented, 1000% secure method or storing cPanel logins. Create bookmarks with the username and password in the form of a GET request. -1 for security, but hey, it's +1 for convenience!

Thanked by 1jar

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

Use my patented, 1000% secure method or storing cPanel logins. Create bookmarks with the username and password in the form of a GET request. -1 for security, but hey, it's +1 for convenience!

You do what you gotta do! Lol

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2017

10 minutes:

Apache .
    PHP 7 .
    FTP Server .
    MariaDB .
    Mail Server .
    RoundCube .
    LetsEncrypt .
    Composer .
    Configserver Firewall .
    Fail2Ban .

Test website running with SSL requested, granted and set up.

Email address set up, running and tested.

All of the packages installed can have their basic settings adjusted in the Panel.

Not even looked at backups, IP block manager, tasks and the like.

Need to look into how they did it all on the server, but I have not logged in yet since doing all the above.

@Dean - You're my hero for today, that will help out a lot on many occasions.

Can't believe I actually bought something on the App Store..

Thanked by 3jar Dean dedicados
  • DeanDean Member

Glad you're all finding it useful - I've only got one site set up so far (a Wordpress one), and it seems OK... as soon as I've got some cash, I'm going to fork out for it :-D

• AmitzAmitz Member

It's just half of the fun without an iOS app though...

I gotta say though the default letsencrypt cron job they do is hilarious though. Every 3 hours stop nginx, renew letsencrypt, start nginx. Oh good, I also enjoy monitoring alerts every 3 hours :P

Easily changed.

• LeeLee Veteran

Yup, there are a couple of things noticed I would not have done, but it's still relatively new, less than a year I think, promising though. Not seen anything on Windows as simple.

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:

@WSS said:

Just because you are living in a Windows trailerpark does not mean that everyone else here is too.

If day something about your having dinner at sense of humor, but jenkki was first in line.

• LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: If day something about your having dinner at sense of humor, but jenkki was first in line.

That would have made more sense if you were typing it on a Mac.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2017

WSS said: If day something about your having dinner at sense of humor, but jenkki was first in line.

I should spank your ass for putting me in context with that jerk.

@WSS said:

@Amitz said:

@WSS said:

If day something about your having dinner at sense of humor, but jenkki was first in line.

Thanked by 2WSS netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

That would have made more sense if you were typing it on a Mac.

I actually was using my Android on speaker at the time, and found it far too amusing to correct it.

@Amitz said:

I should spank your ass for putting me in context with that jerk.

Promises, promises. Always a WSSmaid, and never a WSSgroom.