Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

v-dedicated - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

v-dedicated

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Jorbox said: You maybe talk about a personal server not a production server but I'm talking about a server that will handle 10k cpanel users would you prefer bare metal or proxmox ?

Lol 10k users. Try 4 cPanel servers on one dedi with KVM virt and 50,000 users in each one. Done it (not by choice) and they still ran fine(tm).

Thanked by 3Lee Junkless vimalware
  • @jarland said:

Jorbox said: You maybe talk about a personal server not a production server but I'm talking about a server that will handle 10k cpanel users would you prefer bare metal or proxmox ?

Lol 10k users. Try 4 cPanel servers on one dedi with KVM virt and 50,000 users in each one. Done it (not by choice) and they still ran fine(tm).

Cool, what is the server spec?

Jorbox said: Cool, what is the server spec?

If I recall, something fairly equivalent in the range of E3, 64GB RAM, RAID1 arrays. Nothing fancy.

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited April 2017

@Jorbox said:

@jarland said:

• Q6600
    • 8GB of RAM
    • 4x 250GB IDE
    • 10Mbit Port
    Thanked by 1jar
  • @ihadp said:

@Jorbox said:

@jarland said:

• Q6600
    • 8GB of RAM
    • 4x 250GB IDE
    • 10Mbit Port

cool the problem is one of my users have 3 million monthly visitor xD

and most of them have a lot of traffic

my server is bare metal from hetzner

Intel® Core™ i7-6700
    2 x 500 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
    32 GB DDR4 RAM

• Cpanel
    • Cloudlinux
    • default web server since litespeed has some problems

but having 200K users on your server is awesome, I will think of create VMs out of the sever, as I said we are here to learn from each other , Thank you

edited April 2017

Jorbox said: cool the problem is one of my users have 3 million monthly visitor xD

Sounds like you need to cut them down in physical resource usage somehow. Even if it's by changing their site to a dedicated IP (manually, not via cPanel) and reverse proxying only their domain through Varnish, it can be done. Will take you a bit to perfect the logic of that, I forget how we used to do it exactly...

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited April 2017

@jarland said:

Jorbox said: cool the problem is one of my users have 3 million monthly visitor xD

Sounds like you need to cut them down in physical resource usage somehow. Even if it's by changing their site to a dedicated IP (manually, not via cPanel) and reverse proxying only their domain through Varnish, it can be done. Will take you a bit to perfect the logic of that, I forget how we used to do it exactly...

I think varnish can be added to the server easily by plugin , and the dedicated ip for everydomain will be possible if I have onlydns servers for the nameservers, I will create two soon, Thank you.

But still I can do all that without splitting the server, cloudlinux does the job

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited April 2017

I have installed Engintron on the server, looks good xD
    Server load was 0.70/8 core
    now decreased to 0.30/8 core,,

@Jorbox said:

Good choice :)

How well does engintron handle autossl? I haven't really used it successfully.

• Why not get a dedicated server and install some virtualization environments yourself.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:

"Still Ran Fine" for "HostGator" is different for the rest of the world, though..

Thanked by 2Junkless Jorbox
  • @jarland said:

@Jorbox said:

Its amazing you should try it, I only had one problem with cloudflare after setup but had fixed it,, and worked will with autossl + letsencrypt.

Thanked by 1jar
  • WSSWSS Member

@Jorbox said:

You're sending sig11s that much faster!

• @WSS said:

@Jorbox said:

• WSSWSS Member

@Jorbox said:

@WSS said:

@Jorbox said:

WSS said: "Still Ran Fine" for "HostGator" is different for the rest of the world, though..

Small fraction of servers routinely had issues. Most were more than sufficient for hosting your small business website, blog, etc. Mostly a matter of expectation. You don't go for the $0.01 promo in a facebook ad to run your enterprise on.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    Small fraction of servers routinely had issues. Most were more than sufficient for hosting your small business website, blog, etc. Mostly a matter of expectation. You don't go for the $0.01 promo in a facebook ad to run your enterprise on.

If you really wanted to be a fuckup, you went for 1&1 or GoDaddy.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Virtualization would be the best option, purchase good specification server and create VM's on it. Best of luck. :)

• @jarland said:

@Jorbox said:

Iirc engintron just do reverse proxy in port 80 ssl still use apache directly

Thanked by 1jar

WSS said: If you really wanted to be a fuckup, you went for 1&1 or GoDaddy.

Yeah, HG when I was there did what most good hosts do. They didn't severely limit resources but instead monitored servers and dealt with abuse. The other way, like GoDaddy and cloudlinux hosts do, is to limit everyone so much that you can't burst anything and neither can anyone else therefore limited abuse.

I like the first way myself, but it's not sustainable with overselling and bottom of the barrel prices.