Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eu vps or vpn for kodi box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eu vps or vpn for kodi box

lurchlurch Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

Can anyone recommend/offer a vps or vpn service based in the eu to use with a kodi box

Comments

• I'd recommend using OVH box. You won't experience much latency compared to a UK VPN. Your privacy will probably be increased using FR VPN. You may experience issues at peak times with Virgin Media <> OVH in congested areas in that case try NL. For price to usability I'd recommend picking up a cheap VPS in Europe ideally FR/DE/NL and using Nyr's OpenVPN script.

• We can provide something in Sheffield (UK) with a mix of good domestic (Virgin) and international (Level3) peering.

• lurchlurch Member

@GenjiSwitchPls yeah eu will be fine I've amended the original title. Not sure how ovh are with privacy?

@ratherbak3d send me some info please.

• @lurch said:
    @GenjiSwitchPls yeah eu will be fine I've amended the original title. Not sure how ovh are with privacy?

@ratherbak3d send me some info please.

They'll do for Kodi use. The use of Kodi for piracy is a grey area and currently looks with current EU and UK law to be useless for the end user (you). You'll be fine with any VPN unless the law changes currently the law is pointing to distributors both hosters and creators or vendors of the software and hardware.

• lurchlurch Member

Great thanks so something from here https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-ssd.xml or are there cheaper ones?