Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Offshore - Isle of Man] SSD KVM VPS From £5.00/month - 20+yrs in business - 50% OFF First Month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Offshore - Isle of Man] SSD KVM VPS From £5.00/month - 20+yrs in business - 50% OFF First Month

2»

Comments

• William said: IPs are not IOM - IPs are set as Country: GB and just have IM geo

Providers with exotic locations always provide a correct IP for test but trying to hijacking with other subnet incorrectly allocated.

• @William said:
    IPs are not IOM - IPs are set as Country: GB and just have IM geo set at Maxmind... not what i expected/want/need.

LG and the IP shown above (81.27.96.190) has IM set - Sent support ticket in, let's see if i can get one of these, else need to see for refund policy/cancel...

UK IPs are useless for me, for that i go across to Manchester and pay 90% less :)

So what happened? Did they fix it or refund it?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

williclarkam said: So what happened? Did they fix it or refund it?

They told me it is fixed April 18.

It is not.

william@mba :: ~# whois -h whois.ripe.net 146.247.51.1 | grep 'GB'

Replied to ticket again. Not happy.

• WilliamWilliam Member

There we go, fixed:

william@mba :: ~# whois -h whois.ripe.net 146.247.51.1 | grep 'IM'

As good as Wimanx/EDIS now geo wise (better than EDIS actually being local space and not having Graz in it) - now we can deal out colo @jscl - check your mail :)

Thanked by 2JSCL williclarkam
  • WilliamWilliam Member

Weird local routing to eg. EDIS, else nice VPS for the price - mtr.sh probe added some days ago:

https://mtr.sh/RmGH/mtr/37.235.55.22

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@JSCL - Are you the Jason Scales of VortexNode infamy?

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

@hawc said:
    @JSCL - Are you the Jason Scales of VortexNode infamy?

From early on, left long before the 'drift'.