Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCPS - WHMCS Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCPS - WHMCS Help

georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Hi:

Find this code months ago from the nocps version for whmcs.

I make some modifications, but I can not make it work from the order side.

Ie when the client orders a server, select the operating system you want, and complete the payment.

This should send you an email with all that data, and the system to start installing the server.

If anyone can help at this point it would be great.

Attached: nocps whmcs

https://mega.nz/#!3kpRxIZI!Eyfkq45eodQuoXGETOyZJupjUQ0fbjvIskrDeibtlzE

Comments

• cociucociu Member

i strong reccomend @MikePT for this job but will not be cheap.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@cociu said:

Hey: Thanks

I'll contact him

Thanks

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@georgedatacenter said:

@cociu said:

Hey: Thanks

I'll contact him

Thanks

Howdy,

Sent you a PM.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@MikePT,

I'm interested in a good/working NOC-PS module for WHMCS also.

Maybe you can message me?

@randvegeta said:
    @MikePT,

I'm interested in a good/working NOC-PS module for WHMCS also.

Maybe you can message me?

Sure thing. We've done some work using NOC-PS, and their module needs to be updated.
    Officially, NOC-PS guy, Floris, doesn't care about WHMCS, so they will NOT update it.

We'll probably update the whole thing, but need to have a running NOC-PS installation (may not be needed).

MikePT said: Officially, NOC-PS guy, Floris, doesn't care about WHMCS, so they will NOT update it.

Yes I'm aware. I'd be thrilled to get a decent integration into WHMCS. Blesta is tiresome.

@randvegeta said:

MikePT said: Officially, NOC-PS guy, Floris, doesn't care about WHMCS, so they will NOT update it.

Yes I'm aware. I'd be thrilled to get a decent integration into WHMCS. Blesta is tiresome.

Yep but the whole plugin needs to be reviewed. We'll check it.

• RoSHRoSH Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT I'd be interested in something like this for a project, could you hit me up?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

I've started making this to licence out but other projects got in the way. I can push it to the top of the pile with enough interest, which there seems to be.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

we was already working on our own implementation for something like noc-ps since being a low end provider we cannot yet afford noc-ps or anything else and was going to make something like noc-ps ourself except it will be all inside whmcs instead.
    but we will be willing to update the whmcs module and fix it to work with WHMCS and then license it out. and we will just "shelf" our other project that is to make something like noc-ps but entirely in whmcs only not tied to anything external except the licensing system then.
    this might be hard to do without a noc-ps instance to test against so we will just continue working on our own all in one noc-ps like module then.

I can provide all the neccessary resources to anyone who seriously has the skills to develop and maintain this module.

NOC-PS is very reasonably priced (1EUR/server per year). The module license should not cost more than the actual software IMO.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@randvegeta said:
    I can provide all the neccessary resources to anyone who seriously has the skills to develop and maintain this module.

NOC-PS is very reasonably priced (1EUR/server per year). The module license should not cost more than the actual software IMO.

okay please do provide us the necessary resources as we are looking to do this but due to budget issues we are unable to buy the software as of now to update the module with.

edited April 2017

@randvegeta said:

My day job is as a full stack developer. Chances are I could match that pricing, doubt I could go lower though or I could have a minimum server count of 5 or something.

I've got a lot on my plate at the moment but I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks soon and plan on doing a minimum of 3-4 hours dev work per day so I might try and fit it in that. I'm not interested in racing other people though, my time is more valuable than that.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Clouvider

@twerq, nocps charge in 100 server blocks. So smallest license is 100 eur/yr. Its cheaper than WHMCS (sort of).

I think it woukd be conceivable to charge a similar amount, but monthly. So $8/m per 100 servers.

or maybe a fixed $20-30 /m for unlimited usage perhaps. That may also be reasonable.

@randvegeta said:
    @twerq, nocps charge in 100 server blocks. So smallest license is 100 eur/yr. Its cheaper than WHMCS (sort of).

I think it woukd be conceivable to charge a similar amount, but monthly. So $8/m per 100 servers.

I could swing that. Makes it nice a flexible too.

OK, been thinking it through this afternoon. I've got the hardware to test on hand. I'm going to start writing up specs.

If anyone is actually interested in this please PM me, it would be helpful if you could include your requirements but nessasary.

@twerq,

I think a few people may be interested in this. NOC-PS is a very handy tool.

If you're familiar with NOCPS, then I suggest you look at the Blesta Module. If you can get the functionality to at least match that of the Blesta module then it would be useful. I think that would be a good starting point.

FYI, the Blesta module is free and open, and the existing WHMCS module is also open (but does not work). Blesta will provide you with a free dev license if you ask nicely. Otherwise I may be able to help.

I imagine you will need AT LEAST the following:

• 2 physical servers (1 Hypervisor Node with at least 8GB RAM and 1 test server for provisioning).
    • 1VM hosting Blesta (to test the already working module).
    • The same VM can host WHMCS (to develop the new module).
    • A developer license from both WHMCS and Blesta (free on request.. unless you want to pay).
    • An NOCPS license (100EUR.. unless you can convince Floris to give you a dev or trial license with like 5 hosts or something silly).

It's not all that much and as long as you have public IPs and a couple of servers on the same VLAN, it should be a fairly modest dev environment. I may be able to provide some resources if you need some help.

I sincerely hope you, or someone does take on this task, as it would be an invaluable tool.

• Trewq - as mentioned in the past we are obviously interested in this.

• Last year we paid a developer to take the old NOC-PS WHMCS module and bring it up to date based on the Blesta module. Here's what we had done:

• On the client product details page we created a tabbed menu system to display all the server information + control options

• One tab called "Device Information" This tab pulls information from the server "properties" inside of NOC-PS. Sceenshot - http://i.imgur.com/Wzo4b5O.png

• Next tab called "Device Health". Pulls and displays server temperature readings. Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/bD0BmQN.png

• Third tab called "IP And Bandwidth". Pretty self explanatory. Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/F56GSnS.png

• Fourth tab called "Power Management", again pretty self explanatory. Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/EdbypLS.png

• Firth tab called "Reinstall OS", also self explanatory. Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/qpFuvql.png

• Sixth tab called "Console". This is exactly like the console option for Blesta module. It downloads the console.jnlp file to the customer's computer and allows them to connect. An option to reset BMC is also provided. Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/VRLuP5u.png

While the module does work in it's current state, there are some improvements that could be made. I'm open to providing the module to someone who has the coding ability to fine-tune it. After it's fine-tuned I would be happy to release it.

If you're interested in working together to fine-tune it feel free to shoot me a PM.

• @MikePT I've sent you a PM just for info.

@RoSH said:
    @MikePT I'd be interested in something like this for a project, could you hit me up?

Sure thing. PM sent.

@rivermigue said:
    @MikePT I've sent you a PM just for info.

Replied.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:

@RoSH said:

Sure thing. PM sent.

@rivermigue said:
    @MikePT I've sent you a PM just for info.

Replied.

Hi Mike: PM Send

Thanked by 1MikePT

Got my programmer with this module in his schedule.
    We'd probably rewrite it completely, and sell it for some bucks. Not that it'll have many updates, so, looking to pay him his work.

Will keep you posted.