Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone in HK or Lithuania looking for a Job?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone in HK or Lithuania looking for a Job?

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Curious if anyone in Lithuania or HK (mainly Lithuania) is looking for a job? Hosting related of course but may involve many other generic tasks.

I have a change in personal circumstances and am considering getting some help. Probably not the right place to look, but maybe LET will yield some interested and suitable people :)

Thanked by 1Terman

Comments

• what kind of job?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

yolo_me said: what kind of job?

Very generic stuff, mostly requiring a good attitude and common sense. But in terms of specific skills, would be a bonus if you are familiar with web development, basic server management and experience in hosting.

Just to be clear, if located in Lithuania, it would either by Kaunas or Vilnius. This is not a remote position. I must be able to meet the candidate in person.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited April 2017

Well now that kind of sucks. I am not moving since my house be paid for and all. Kind of job I am looking for though. Hope you find the right person @randvegeta, good luck man.

• @randvegeta said:
    Just to be clear, if located in Lithuania, it would either by Kaunas or Vilnius. This is not a remote position. I must be able to meet the candidate in person.

That's too bad. I'm looking to pick up some side work.

If you change your mind, hit me up. Basic web development, gold level server management, and I've done a little hosting.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

Lithuanian language a requirement? I know few German expats around Vilnius but their knowledge is limited, English/Russian/German no issue though, mostly ex Hostinger staff.

@William, why did they leave Hostinger? I used to know the owner before he died.

English is the requirement. Lithuanian would be good but not a must. Other languages also a plus.

I always assume expats are more expensive though. Decent Lithuanians are not cheap by any means, but how much do German expats earn in Vilnius?

@Flatland_spider and @AuroraZ, might have some web dev work available if I dont find anyone to do it locally. But honestly my 'budget' for a remote worker would be less than for one who comes in to out office.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @randvegeta Thank you and keep me in mind, I can do remote server administration as well. I understand the pay would not be as good, but hey what can I do lol.

@AuroraZ, where are you based? What's your skill set?

For anyone looking for a 'remote' job, I'm willing to give an unlimited number of commission based sales jobs! Now I did not offer this in the beginning, because lets face it... who wants a commission based job? Sounds like you're gonna get shanked. So consider this a joke, but also not ;).

No but seriously, I'm not looking for remote people on a full time basis. I'm happy to consider remote workers on a one-off contract basis, but nothing committed beyond a given task.

For anyone in HK or LT, I'm looking for potential full time people who can work in our office. The terms and role are currently highly flexible.

• @randvegeta I can do almost anything you need done, as far as administration. As for programming ccs/html, php, bash, some java (not too good at it). Just some of things I can work with.

• @randvegeta not fun to see 3rd biggest Lithuanian city (Klaipeda) not included in list, we have people here that would be good for you, but as @AuroraZ said, moving is not an option for most of IT guys.

@kenkelis,

I'll consider Klaipeda, but I'm not often in Klaipeda. I live in Vilnius and my office is in Kaunas, and so these are my preferences :).

I only go to Klaipeda to get to Nida :)

• @randvegeta it's all good :)

BTW: There's direct ferry from Kaunas to Nida at summers, if you like sailing in Nemunas.

@kenkelis, there is? How long does that take?

Driving doesnt bother me though :D

• @randvegeta 4 hours, but now that ferry is in service or something :D

@kenkelis, I'd rather drive :P 4 hours.... I doubt it carries cars too meaning you're kind of stuck too.

• S3phyS3phy Member

@randvegeta said:

Very generic stuff, mostly requiring a good attitude and common sense. But in terms of specific skills, would be a bonus if you are familiar with web development, basic server management and experience in hosting.

What kind of prior experience are you looking for?

I'm from a different country in EU, but I can work things out IF things get serious.

• @randvegeta said:
    @Flatland_spider and @AuroraZ, might have some web dev work available if I dont find anyone to do it locally. But honestly my 'budget' for a remote worker would be less than for one who comes in to out office.

Your budget is probably inline with my web dev skills. :) I'm more backend, sys{ops|admin|engineer|whatever|.*}.

I'm working on building up a work history for my side business (https://www.psi-green.net), so I'm not looking to be an employee as much as a hired gun.

Anyway, if you need anything let me know!