Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you still buy IPv4 blocks? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you still buy IPv4 blocks?

2»

Comments

• Yes, I liked Magnus, and the ticket responses I've gotten from various Vortexnode folks have always been friendly.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • rainlakerainlake Member
    edited April 2017

@rainlake said:
    What does INSIDE mean? the announce server have to located in EU or the AS holder entity must registered in EU?
    I'm not in EU but looking for get an AS number and IPv6 from RIPE
    Thanks William.

Looks like the only NIC without annual fee is RIPE. I wish get some IPv6 with some one time fee.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@Francisco said:
    No comment on that, Magnus was always very friendly and supportive on here though. What I'm sure anyone can see though, is that they made a mountain of support work for themselves. I can speak from experience that shared hosting accounts for like 80% of our daily tickets.

I think the easiest example of this was their cheap Atom becoming a $9.99, $10.99, $12.99, and now $14.99 Atom. The machine isn't worth that- and I think they've raised the price this high just because of us cheap time wasting bastards.

Edit: Also, there were some tickets that seemed to get lost, and evidently some techs got in the habit of setting passwords to slight variations of 'changeme'.

• VortexRyanVortexRyan Member
    edited April 2017

@WSS said:

@Francisco said:
    No comment on that, Magnus was always very friendly and supportive on here though. What I'm sure anyone can see though, is that they made a mountain of support work for themselves. I can speak from experience that shared hosting accounts for like 80% of our daily tickets.

I think the easiest example of this was their cheap Atom becoming a $9.99, $10.99, $12.99, and now $14.99 Atom. The machine isn't worth that- and I think they've raised the price this high just because of us cheap time wasting bastards.

Edit: Also, there were some tickets that seemed to get lost, and evidently some techs got in the habit of setting passwords to slight variations of 'changeme'.

I'm no longer working at Vortex/Linovus but I wanted to comment on this. It was due to miscommunication on our part that the price of the atom was that low in the first place, while of course, staff time in tickets of the atoms was also a factor with the price increase.

• WSSWSS Member

@VortexRyan said:
    It was due to miscommunication on our part that the price of the atom was that low in the first place, while of course, staff time in tickets of the atoms was also a factor with the price increase.

I figured this was likely the most prevalent issue. Hope you have all found a new awesome place to work with!l

Thanked by 1VortexRyan
  • rainlake said: What does INSIDE mean? the announce server have to located in EU or the AS holder entity must registered in EU? I'm not in EU but looking for get an AS number and IPv6 from RIPE Thanks William.

Either is fine, but one must be inside the region. For ASN that is. PI IPs have to be used inside the region.

rainlake said: Looks like the only NIC without annual fee is RIPE. I wish get some IPv6 with some one time fee.

This only applies to ASNs. RIPE PI v6 costs yearly.