Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Cheaper leasing ips and getting a different server provider or same provider for both?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is Cheaper leasing ips and getting a different server provider or same provider for both?

Hi,

I have another discussion open on LET and was wondering what does the community think is better for Canada, I need to lease around / 25 or / 26 subnet with a dedicated server but with not very demanding specs for around 150 dollars a month. I was thinking of leasing a / 24 from another provider and then finding a cheap server, I just wanted to know what the LET community thinks will be cheaper, everything from one provider or from two different providers?

(Everything must be in Canada though, if you know any providers that could help me in this situation, please drop the link down below or PM)

Thanks once again

(I am not looking to spend 3 dollar for a setup of ips from providers like OVH as this is short term as I am testing it for my customers and then from there I will move into a long term)

Comments

• https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/ and get a /24 subnet with them

• @rivermigue said:
    https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/ and get a /24 subnet with them

Hey I thought ovh charged 3 dollars or 2 dollars to setup ips for a one time fee, I was looking to just lease the ips for around 50 cents as I have seen other providers in the US offer this.

Thanks for the help

• thenex said: lease the ips for around 50 cents

No way with such small subnet. This price may take effect with bulk IP leasment or with yearly agreement assuming that's monthly price.

• @MrPsycho said:

thenex said: lease the ips for around 50 cents

No way with such small subnet. This price may take effect with bulk IP leasment or with yearly agreement assuming that's monthly price.

It was an offer I had received from two server providers along with a 70 dollar server, if you want me to provide you the name I can do that, just may take me a few days. It was around three weeks ago I spoke to provider, I don't have the name so I will have to look for it.

Thanks

• And yes it was a monthly price

• thenex said: It was an offer I had received from two server providers along with a 70 dollar server

If it comes with dedicated server, it may be possible, as it stays within the same provider/DC already configured. However don't assume that you will lease such subnet for 0.5 per IP. It's too much hassle for provider.

• @MrPsycho said:

thenex said: It was an offer I had received from two server providers along with a 70 dollar server

If it comes with dedicated server, it may be possible, as it stays within the same provider/DC already configured. However don't assume that you will lease such subnet for 0.5 per IP. It's too much hassle for provider.

So you are saying, it would be pretty much better to just get the server and subnet from the same provider?

Thanks

• The same provider will, in most cases, get you a better deal. Do not expect everyone will give you 50 cent IPs though. The more common is 1-2 dollars a piece.

• @AuroraZ said:
    The same provider will, in most cases, get you a better deal. Do not expect everyone will give you 50 cent IPs though. The more common is 1-2 dollars a piece.

I am trying to stay hopefully right now for the price per Ip after doing research myself the cheapest I could find was 2 dollars per ip, that's why I turned to LET hoping for a provider to give a great deal.

Well thanks for the help, I will keep looking

• thenex said: So you are saying, it would be pretty much better to just get the server and subnet from the same provider?

Yup. For a provider in most cases it's just a few clicks to assign IP(s) to server, as basically everything is pre-configured. Leasing usually takes a little bit more effort. No one is going to spend his time for free. Generally this is achived by yearly agreement.

• WSSWSS Member

You can buy a pair of shoes for $10 from Wal-Mart, and throw them away in a few months after buying another pair.

Thanked by 2JahAGR JackH
  • @WSS said:
    You can buy a pair of shoes for $10 from Wal-Mart, and throw them away in a few months after buying another pair.

It's this guy again, you don't help move the post forward and you waste your time, do you find this fun or something?

Just trying to look for a deal not be annoyed by a loser who has lots of time on there hands

(Any one know how to block people on this website have been on this website for like two days)

• WSSWSS Member

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

• Your question is inherently flawed. You're asking what the more expensive option is.

That all depends on the price.

Nothing more.

And given that you're unwilling to go with OVH (even with your low-priced 50c per ip you'd break-even with them in about 6 months) makes me think that you have nefarious intentions with the ips and want to dump them asap after using them.

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said:
    And given that you're unwilling to go with OVH (even with your low-priced 50c per ip you'd break-even with them in about 6 months) makes me think that you have nefarious intentions with the ips and want to dump them asap after using them.

Shoe didn't answer his question. Laces got your tongue!?

• @WSS said:

@teamacc said:

Im in no mood to help this sneaky guy, no matter what, come hell or high heels.

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said:

@WSS said:

@teamacc said:

Im in no mood to help this sneaky guy, no matter what, come hell or high heels.

No need to click your jackboots, good sir! If this were a race, you'd be a shoe-in, alas, it seems as all were unraveled.

• Just as @wss about systemd

• @teamacc said:
    Your question is inherently flawed. You're asking what the more expensive option is.

That all depends on the price.

Nothing more.

Hi, if you had seen my other discussion I had put up talking about why I need the ips with server you would understand. The reason I am going with short term is to see how my customers respond to a new server for the month if no one uses the server, yes I will "dump" the server as there is no use of having a server in Canada then. But if I get a good response I will switch over to OVH and host my server with them and activate the required amount of ips.

Thanks

• @WSS said:

@teamacc said:

Once again you got to much time on your hands maybe try getting off the internet and going outside give that a try, I don't care about your shoes I don't understand why me trying to gain some knowledge from the community about an area I am unfamiliar with is affecting you so much. The very first people I spoke to try driving the conversation forward while you are over here trying to waste people's time.

There are plenty of more forums you can go talk about your sneakers in

• WSSWSS Member

You are always talking about the damn shoes! It's like the shoes are the only thing that matter to you!

• YuraYura Member

@thenex, I want to sign up for you VPN. If you can provide an exclusive LET offer would be even better. Post your link here.

• @Yura said:
    @thenex, I want to sign up for you VPN. If you can provide an exclusive LET offer would be even better. Post your link here.

I can't open it up to a large amount of community members as it is a another community exclusive for the next 5 months offer so I am sorry I am not able to do that. I will probably be advertising within the next 5 months in LET so keep an eye out, if you want I can message you as well.

Thanks for the interest

• WSSWSS Member

@Yura said:

@thenex said:

@Yura said:

I can't open it up to a large amount of community members as it is a another community exclusive for the next 5 months offer so I am sorry I am not able to do that. I will probably be advertising within the next 5 months in LET so keep an eye out, if you want I can message you as well.

Thanks for the interest

Shoe don't say..

Thanked by 1Falco33
  • YuraYura Member

@thenex said:

@Yura said:

Thanks for the interest

Nevermind, I found the hidden link, kind sir.

Thanked by 1Falco33
  • Wow guess only a few people in the community are helpful rest are hyped up on shoes.

Okay well thanks to the very first people who helped me, give a lot of good information and actually help to move the forum forward

• VPSCheapVPSCheap Member, Host Rep

Whether you're leasing the IPs from the server provider or someone else, be sure to lock in some kind of contract to ensure that the monthly cost doesn't go up in future months. It's very likely that IP prices will continue to increase, and the opportunity cost of changing providers once you're using the IPs is a lot higher.