Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be more likely to buy from us if we had a landing page/website? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be more likely to buy from us if we had a landing page/website?

2»

Comments

• @trewq you're closing servers, took my vps out, and then decided to continue, gave me a new box without any data, do you remember?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@MorningIris said:
    trewq you're closing servers, took my vps out, and then decided to continue, gave me a new box without any data, do you remember?

This was almost 4 months ago now. Due to reasons beyond our control it looked as though we would have to close but fortunately it was resolved. We gave account credit to everyone and they had the option to cancel. The business is now very stable.

You are welcome to try our new node in Phoenix if you wish.

• @trewq PMed you.

• emgemg Veteran

One thing that makes a big impression for me is the domain registration information (whois). If a company hides behind privacy walls, then I am wary. The more "real" contact information - contact name, address, phone number, etc. the more I like it. Is the address a real location or Postboxes-R-Us? (Including "Suite 327" in your address won't fool many people, either. Especially if the address resolves to a one-story strip mall.)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

no offense, but for me i wouldn't consider signing up because it is still fresh to my mind that you close up in just a matter of short time. regardless if you refund the clients before or not, the impression just don't leave my head. it's just how my head is wired.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

i think it would have been better if you started a new brand. where people will not relate to the older brand.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said:
    no offense, but for me i wouldn't consider signing up because it is still fresh to my mind that you close up in just a matter of short time. regardless if you refund the clients before or not, the impression just don't leave my head. it's just how my head is wired.

That's fair, I completely understand.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

To answer the question, you should have a landing, no question about it. And do everything else to give strong impression that you are for the long run

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2013

I'm surprised this is even a question.

Nice to see you posting actively @jcaleb :)