Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NAT VPS Shadowsocks - Connection only with IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NAT VPS Shadowsocks - Connection only with IPv6

divesedivese Member

I have NAT VPS. I have 20 dedicated IPv6 addresses. (i-83.net) I want to only use IPv6 in Shadowsocks. (No shared IPv4 address, only IPv6.) I live in Azerbaijan. I do not have IPv6 on my internet connection at home. How can I make settings? Thanks..

Comments

• dcamerodcamero Member
    edited April 2017

@divese said:
    I have 20 dedicated IPv6 addresses.

You have a shared IPv4 address with 20 dedicated ports. Configure Shadowsocks to listen on one of your dedicated ports.

• @dcamero said:

@divese said:
    I have 20 dedicated IPv6 addresses.

You have a shared IPv4 address with 20 dedicated ports. Configure Shadowsocks to listen on one of your dedicated ports.

Sorry. I have dedicated 10 IPv6 address.

• You want to access your IPv6 service from your IPv4 network?

You'll need a proxy to do this, a proxy with IPv6 connect.

• @DigitalJosee said:
    You want to access your IPv6 service from your IPv4 network?

Hmm.. In other words, Internet connection in the home should also be IPv6. Did I get right? Are the packets sent and received in Shadowsocks encrypted? (Without TCP port 443)

• dcamerodcamero Member
    edited April 2017

Do you really not have a shared IPv4 address? If you can connect from your Shadowsocks client to your Shadowsocks server on one of your dedicated IPv4 ports, then you can configure SS to send out your traffic over IPv6 (if that's what you want), as in the thread of two days' ago https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110541/shadowsocks-ipv6

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited April 2017

@divese said:

@DigitalJosee said:
    You want to access your IPv6 service from your IPv4 network?

Hmm.. In other words, Internet connection in the home should also be IPv6. Did I get right? Are the packets sent and received in Shadowsocks encrypted? (Without TCP port 443)

You can also get an IPv6 tunnelbroker. It will add a little bit a latency to IPv6 connections but it is certainly better than no IPv6 at all. I got mine for free from https://tunnelbroker.net/.

And yes, Shadowsocks packets are encrypted.

• divesedivese Member
    edited April 2017

I have a shared IPv4 address. It was not connected. @dcamero

There is no other way? @nulldev

Shadowsocks Android App > server IP: IPv6 address

Will I write this? @nulldev @dcamero

• Ok. So pick one of your dedicated IPv4 ports. On your i-83 VPS, configure Shadowsocks to listen on that IPv4 port. Also configure Shadowsocks with "prefer_ipv6": true. Then in your Android app, put the public IPv4 address of your VPS, and the same port number and password as you chose for the server.

• @dcamero It happens this way. There's a connection. But I say: Think of a virtual server. Just have an IPv6 address. No IPv4 address. Can Shadowsocks be used in this way?

• WSSWSS Member

@divese said:
    @dcamero It happens this way. There's a connection. But I say: Think of a virtual server. Just have an IPv6 address. No IPv4 address. Can Shadowsocks be used in this way?

I have a dog and a cat. How do I make them successfully make a dogcat without Nickelodeon?

• @WSS said:

@divese said:
    @dcamero It happens this way. There's a connection. But I say: Think of a virtual server. Just have an IPv6 address. No IPv4 address. Can Shadowsocks be used in this way?

I have a dog and a cat. How do I make them successfully make a dogcat without Nickelodeon?

Idle talk.

• WSSWSS Member

Ok, that was amusing. I'll bite.

You can't run dual stack if you don't support them, as already said.

If you only have IPv4, and don't have a dual-layer stack (or tunnel), you're stuck using IPv4. Setup your proxy on one of your given ports, and use that from your IPv4 source. Then, you can configure your proxy to use your outgoing IPv6, for everything that supports it.

Not everything is IPv6, yet, so it won't all work.

• @WSS Is there a significant difference between port 443 and other ports in Shadowsocks? In the sense of encryption.

• WSSWSS Member

@divese I don't use Shadowsocks, but port 443 is standard for HTTP/SSL, so it is less likely to be noticed (or blocked) depending on your location, as an SSL handshake+stream is expected. It's also less likely to be blocked.

• You can still help. :)

• As @WSS mentioned, there's no exact relevance of the port you're choosing. If you want to try disguise your VPN then 443, as mentioned is less likely to be blocked as it looks like generic SSL'd traffic.

But you shouldn't have any impact using 8388, 8000 etc if you're not behind a firewall.