Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's encrypt - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let's encrypt

13»

Comments

• sinsin Member

I just put certbot renew in crontab set to daily and have never had an issue.

• ardaarda Member

@sin said:

Only issue about this for my case is when renew is the time for a certificate, I have to manually stop nginx. Is there a way to prevent this?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@arda said:

@sin said:

Only issue about this for my case is when renew is the time for a certificate, I have to manually stop nginx. Is there a way to prevent this?

Don't use the standalone Apache renewal method. You can use nginx to renew. That way you don't need to stop the service.

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member
    edited April 2017

@jackb said:

@arda said:

@sin said:

Don't use the standalone Apache renewal method. You can use nginx to renew. That way you don't need to stop the service.

Edit: I didn't know there was a webroot method. I'll renew my certificates and nginx config accordingly. Thanks!

Thanked by 1sin