Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need to prevent DOS attack/Flood on all udp ports
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need to prevent DOS attack/Flood on all udp ports

ObadaObada Member
edited April 2017 in General

Hi i opened game servers and i faced DOS attack from others using udp flood script on their vps,

i used to protect my vps from tcp flood ddos-deflate script based on iptables firewall, but still udp not protect

i made some test DOS attack on my game server using udp flood script

flood.pl < IP > < Port > < Packages > < time >

if i set Packages to 90 the only selected port down, but if i set Packages to 1024 all servers get down/timeout

so if there is any iptables command/rules to limit Packages & connection per ip on udp port please ?

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2017

How about instead of opening another thread you go read the existing one where this was already answered for you by several people: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110358/how-can-i-prevent-ddos-atack-on-my-vps ?

You need to purchase a service with DDOS protection as part of the service, you will not be able to handle this with iptables, period. There is a reason DDOS services exist and it is because of these types of attacks against game servers.

Cheers!

• ObadaObada Member
    edited April 2017

@TheLinuxBug said:
    How about instead of opening another thread you go read the existing one where this was already answered for you by several people: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110358/how-can-i-prevent-ddos-atack-on-my-vps ?

You need to purchase a service with DDOS protection as part of the service, you will not be able to handle this with iptables, period. There is a reason DDOS services exist and it is because of these types of attacks against game servers.

Cheers!

i make it off topic, the question is not clear like this question