Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Outgoing Spam Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Outgoing Spam Protection

Hello,

Just wondering what you guys are using for Outgoing Spam protection for cPanel servers?? I would prefer something that is installed on server and checks for spam. I am considering giving "ASSP Deluxe" a try but looking for some alternate / recommendations as well.

So what guys doing to protect your servers for sensing spam?

Thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

On the server itself SpamAssassin is your closest ally if you're willing to put in the work on adjusting score values to be more sensitive to current trends. Happy to give you my local.cf. I set outgoing at a 4, and beyond that let MailChannels handle the rest. Outgoing email really shouldn't be pushing any limits on spam score, a lower score is much more tolerable there than on incoming.

The only exception is forwarders. Enable SRS but if you don't use strong outbound relays someone is going to get you temp blocked every few hours at Gmail. In a group setting this shows up very quickly.

• UmairUmair Member

@jarland said:

I have tried tweaking SpamAssissin but I don't think I am there. I have a very small user base and I am trying to make things work smoothly for them.
    Thanks, I would love to have starting place. I will send you PM for local.cf file :)

Those forwards are really annoying. Especially when user setup WP and then use their hotmail/gmail IDs and then get tons of spam comment notifications. Going to look into SRS right away.