Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HIgh availability MySQL host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HIgh availability MySQL host

n0myn0my Member

Hi guys,

I am looking for MySQL hosting, anybody knows good host that do MySQL hosting. I am looking for high availability hosts. I already have MySQL server but I'm looking for a better high availability one.

Comments

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited June 2013

Fliphost's offloaded SQL is nice and only $1/mo: https://sales.fliphost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=97

If you're with BuyVM or Prometeus, they've got their own great MySQL-offload options.

• Just mirror 2 of them?

• n0myn0my Member

Any from UK? Or Europe?

• You can go with like racksapce or amazon or other cloud providers like that who offer offloaded mysql. But in reality if you want near 100% uptime your best option would be a dedicated server.

• @n0my said:
    Any from UK? Or Europe?

I lied. Prometeus's MySQL offload service is available separately at 10EUR/year. @Maounique may be able to tell you more:

https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=2

• @Spencer said:
    You can go with like racksapce or amazon or other cloud providers like that who offer offloaded mysql. But in reality if you want near 100% uptime your best option would be a dedicated server.

Really? care to define a "cloud provider"?

• bdtechbdtech Member

He said HA. Low end options are not HA

• How is the database used?

The issue is that you'll have a significant amount of lag if you're offloading your server more than a millisecond or two away - I personally wouldn't recommend it if it's a latency critical application.

Otherwise, grab a few boxes from a recommended host, ask them to be on separate boxes then have a read through Galera's documentation.
    There's other alternatives, however that's my preferred method.

Please note that replication doesn't really count as high availability; there'll be noticeable downtime before the backup kicks in (that's if you have it set up to automatically detect failures).

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@bdtech You can make it HA by using more than one

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited June 2013

@Fliphost said:
    bdtech You can make it HA by using more than one

It seemed to me he desires offloaded HA service

• n0myn0my Member

I went with Prometeus. Thanks guys.

• @ElliotJ said: Please note that replication doesn't really count as high availability; there'll be noticeable downtime before the backup kicks in (that's if you have it set up to automatically detect failures).

You've mentioned Galera, which is a master-master, 3 node DB replication cluster (assuming you set things up that way, that is). If that's not HA, pray tell what is?

• @andrzej said:
    You've mentioned Galera, which is a master-master, 3 node DB replication cluster (assuming you set things up that way, that is). If that's not HA, pray tell what is?

I mentioned Galera because it is true high availability.

The easy route would be to just replicate databases, which is sorta what @serverian suggested. Although the data would be safe from failure, it wouldn't be highly available which is what OP wanted.
    Consider it as a "don't do that" warning :P