Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cpanel fast transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cpanel fast transfer

jcalebjcaleb Member
edited March 2017 in Help

Hello,

Supposed I have large collection of static files (E.g. 100,000 files 10kb each) I want to host on a cpanel shared hosting, and I will add/modify more files as time goes by. My internet is slow (third world slow). Is there a way to transfer files efficiently on cpanel? Like that of rsyc where only changes are transfered? Or better I shy away from shared and just go VPS?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

If you have SFTP access, you can definitely use rsync.
    Other than that, I'd say that 100k ionodes on a shared account is too much for many shared hosting providers.
    If you're planning to grow, you go with a VPS.

Thanked by 3jcaleb Clouvider WSS
  • Remote backup

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

do you host these files on home computer or elsewhere?

• permatahostpermatahost Member
    edited March 2017

Buy hosting that have location near your home.

• ZIP It an Unzip it

• IMO go with an VPS like aruba it has 20GB SSD space setup an nginx or https://minio.io sort of thing. Which can handle things like with out breaking a sweat.

or

for the cheap

get an LES with some diskspace put it front of CF and cache it like crazy just purge cache when you change a file

But putting it in the Shared hosting will be too much of an head ache in the longer run.

Thanked by 1jcaleb