Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try SSD MX300 + LSI-9260-4i in RAID 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Try SSD MX300 + LSI-9260-4i in RAID 10

Hello,

Did anyone have try 4 SSDs Crucial MX300 500GB vs LSI-9260-4i in RAID 10? I have some search with result poor performance I/O. Please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

I tested it before gives around 800MB/s :)

Thanked by 1jazz1611
  • @key900 said:

Maybe the LSI 9620 take low performance I/O (ex: bottleneck the I/O). But that speed is can accept. Thank you.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@jazz1611 said:

@key900 said:

Maybe the LSI 9620 take low performance I/O (ex: bottleneck the I/O). But that speed is can accept. Thank you.

I used LSI 9260 -4i

Thanked by 1jazz1611
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We're observing pretty bad results with this SSDs. A little bit disapointed. Not with 9260, though.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Is that enterprise grade ssd or consumer?

• @Hxxx said:

Good question!

Let's see

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@FredQc said:

@Hxxx said:

Good question!

Let's see

Consumer and so shouldn't really be used with RAID Controller.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • JarryJarry Member

Not only consumer SSD, but very cheap consumer SSD. I would never use SSD with TLC-NANDs for anything serious. Performance degradation is very severe, especially when TRIM can not be used (as it is with raid-controllers for anything except raid0)...

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Praise these two members @Clouvider @Jarry . @jazz1611 dont say that you weren't informed. You are on a path for disaster.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@Hxxx @Clouvider @Jarry @jazz1611 It depends how you use it, I have read it has an endurance rating of up to 220TB. So if you use it in a 8 drive RAID 10 configuration it should last at least 3 years.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@gleert said:
    @Hxxx @Clouvider @Jarry @jazz1611 It depends how you use it, I have read it has an endurance rating of up to 220TB. So if you use it in a 8 drive RAID 10 configuration it should last at least 3 years.

Nah, not supported by the controller. Can lead to interesting things like random rebuilds, disks disappearing from the array etc. You simply don't use it that way.

It's not tested, not supposed to work according to the controller manufacture, and if it breaks, you're on your own, so say good bye to your data.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: Nah, not supported by the controller. Can lead to interesting things like random rebuilds, disks disappearing from the array etc. You simply don't use it that way.

Sorry, didn't see it was a hardware raid card... I saw a test a few month ago with the LSI 3008 (software raid) and 8 MX300 SSD drives which performed very well.