Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

minio behind Nginx
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

minio behind Nginx

spammyspammy Member

I tried to install minio after seeing this post:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2116446/#Comment_2116446

I also host other applications on the server so I was using minio.MyDomain as my domain name for minio.

The problem is every time I create a bucket, because the bucket will essentially be a subdomain entry that I will need to add to Nginx. On top of that my domain DNS is hosted on Cloudflare and hence every time I create a bucket I have to add the subdomain to Cloudflare as well.

Is that how everyone does this or there is just a smarter way of doing things that I am not aware of? Unfortunately Minio is so easy to set up it doesn't really have any documentation on the "proper" way to configure DNS afterwards.

Comments

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited March 2017

My buckets are like domain.com/minio/bucketname by default.

• @deadbeef said:
    My buckets are like domain.com/minio/bucketname by default.

Ah I think I configured the bucket URL incorrectly, I was using:

host_bucket = %(bucket).minio.MYDOMAIN

Changed it to domain.com/minio/bucketname and it seems to work.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Why do you include minio in the URL? Any reason for it? I have it setup like this: subdomain.domain.tld/%(bucket).

• @k0nsl Sorry to revive this thread but I was doing another configuration and forgot where I should change the configuration, could you let me know where I should change the configuration to get the URL scheme you have above?