Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What location would you like to see? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What location would you like to see?

2»

Comments

• @dominicl be amusing to have a location to go against HVH :P and hi by the way, yes I'm now longer senior admin at HVH too :D

• ServerSharpServerSharp Member, Host Rep

@MikeEdge - hey :) long time no see :o

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Voted for New York, assuming you mean NYC proper.

Would also vote for Other, if you can do it in a not-so-trafficked locale as you have in Columbus -- Sacramento would be nice..

:) +1

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

@dominicl said:
    It's quite hard to find places like Columbus to do it in -- only came across >Columbus by chance!

>

I am looking at doing KVM (although not 100% sure yet), so bare that in >mind when making your vote :)

I've hosted in Columbus previously, though not KVM, and the colo options are really hit or miss. You might want to try datacentermap.com and see where there are some well connected areas. You didn't mention where you are located so that may play a role as well.

Hello,

It looks like there is a clear top 3 here:

1) UK
    2) New York
    3) Los Angeles

:)

• voted for UK

• +1 West Coast US, very good speed for Asia customer.

• smadav84smadav84 Member
    edited June 2013

la ' dallas , seattle and singapore

• I vote other us location as Kansas City. They are literally in the center of the US and only have OpenVZ and Xen sellers, nothing of the sorts of KVM.

• I say houston tx! no providers in houston area!

• CHICAGO

• I'd probably look north of the US also. Like others have said, its relatively untapped.

edited June 2013

The UK is by far the winner here. :P

I'm still a little worried about the DDoS issues though -- not sure whether to follow through with the UK or not.

People seem to want a west coast location, which seems the easiest to do and would go down well also

edited June 2013

What do people think of UK KVM/OpenVZ?

• UK the best way

• rds100rds100 Member

UK sounds boring already. Why not Ireland?

• DO UK/Europe. We need more hosts here on treasure island

edited June 2013

We will bring you KVM :)

We're just finalising location.

Edited.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited June 2013

@rds100 said:
    UK sounds boring already. Why not Ireland?

Ask someone from Ireland how satisfied they are with their internet and come back after :D

• rds100rds100 Member

@erhwegesrgsr said:
    Ask someone from Ireland how satisfied they are with their internet and come back after :D

Amazon seems to find it good enough ;-)

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited June 2013

@dominicl Around Europe would be nice, it seems to me that there are more VPS providers in USA rather than Europe. I guess it has to do something with the datacenter prices, maybe overall connectivity prices.

• I'd like to see a location in Portland, OR for LEB prices. There are a couple of providers in Portland, but they're in no way Low End cost :(

• DerekDerek Member

I would like to see more affordable VPS companies to pop up in more exotic locations throughout the United States.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    I'd like to see a location in Portland, OR for LEB prices. There are a couple of providers in Portland, but they're in no way Low End cost :(

Well, there's one.. but if the stories are to be believed, they're a little too low-end.

• Correction: Reliable LEB Provider in Portland. I have a project involving video streaming that could really use a server up in Portland (since it's closer to Salem than Seattle is), to avoid the issues I'm having with a 10Mbps upload speed, when I sort of need more than that.

• MunMun Member

Australlia

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@dominicl I would like to see SCOTLAND VPS'es in the UK (Not England)

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot to update this.

We will bring you KVM VPS services in Coventry, UK.

Hopefully it will be reasonably popular!