Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help with wlan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help with wlan

WHTWHT Member

Hello guys.

just bought a notebook but am not able to get internet via wlan. It connects only in local and says connected but NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

When I connect via LAN I do have internet.

Any idea what should I do?

Thank you

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2017

Install wifi drivers for your laptop :)
    Was the same problem with my lenovo laptop^^

• WHTWHT Member

Already did it but no success.

It can not identify the network.

• Switch from 5ghz tot 2.4

• WHTWHT Member

@teamacc said:
    Switch from 5ghz tot 2.4

how?

• Edit your router settings.

• bapbap Member

Sell the notebook, then buy a new one.

• TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

Are other devices working just fine on your WiFi? If yes, is your notebook getting an IP address?

• WHTWHT Member

@TNAHosting said:
    Are other devices working just fine on your WiFi? If yes, is your notebook getting an IP address?

Yes may Ipad, PC mobiles all working just my notebook not.

When I type ipconfig there are 249 connections or whatever they are and on all it says Media disconnected.

Btw, any chance to reinstall windows without CD/USB? I have tried those youtube tutorials and non of them works.

• WSSWSS Member

Look up the manual for your notebook, and search for a "WiFi switch". Many have this stupid thing that you either need to flip on or off before the system loads, or after Windows loads to enable/disable. I generally turn this off in BIOS whenever possible.

• WHTWHT Member

@WSS said:
    Look up the manual for your notebook, and search for a "WiFi switch". Many have this stupid thing that you either need to flip on or off before the system loads, or after Windows loads to enable/disable. I generally turn this off in BIOS whenever possible.

With my hotspot works. Also changed pass.

The supporter from my internet provider said the pc takes always the same ip and this could be the problem.

• WSSWSS Member

It shouldn't work that way unless your wireless device is acting as a bridge, rather than a NAT router. If the first two digits of your IP start with 192.168, or 10- that's a private network.

If you have one IP, you need to disable wireless on that device and setup your own NAT router. I'd be very surprised if that device was bridging and incapable of acting as a NAT router. You need to talk to your ISP.

• Still thinking that your router is broadcasting a 5ghz network while your laptop has a 2.4ghz only card.

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said:
    Still thinking that your router is broadcasting a 5ghz network while your laptop has a 2.4ghz only card.

If he's connecting to his hotspot fine- it's not going to be the drivers for the wireless card, unless they're locked to 802.11g or something. The statement that he thinks he is getting the same IP for wired and wireless, well- that's confusing (and most likely wrong).

• @WSS said:

@teamacc said:
    Still thinking that your router is broadcasting a 5ghz network while your laptop has a 2.4ghz only card.

If he's connecting to his hotspot fine- it's not going to be the drivers for the wireless card, unless they're locked to 802.11g or something. The statement that he thinks he is getting the same IP for wired and wireless, well- that's confusing (and most likely wrong).

That'd be an easy test by just hardcoding your ip for a bit...

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said:

@WSS said:

@teamacc said:

That'd be an easy test by just hardcoding your ip for a bit...

Or, you know, telling the people you're asking for help what your damn hardware is.

• WHTWHT Member

After installing older drivers for the network adapter it worked. Strange but it worked.

Can be closed the thread. Thanks everyone.