Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipv6 DDoS protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipv6 DDoS protection?

Which of the providers offering DDoS protected services also offer DDoS protection for ipv6?
I am looking to deploy several DDoS protected name servers for a customer, and they MUST have ipv6, so DDoS protection for ipv6 is a must too.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Cloudflare, may be?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited March 2017

the usual go to guys or BuyVM and OVH but I will check and post back if they have the same protection for IPv6

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Are you looking for the network/server provider offering DDoS protection with v6 or for a dDoS protection company to protect your own infrastructure?

NTT does protect over IPv6 but they are not cheap.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

simonindia said: and OVH

At https://api.ovh.com/ all the mitigation/firewall API calls only accept and return an IPv4 datatype, it doesn't appear like they provide DDoS filtering on IPv6, or just don't support controlling it via the API in any way.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

You need a pretty reasonable budget for effective IPv6 protection. Very few companies have their mitigation systems configured for IPv6, and even fewer have enough IPv6 capacity for anything more than a few low Gbps (<10Gbps).

We worked on our support a few years ago when an upstream mentioned they had support, only to find out their commits for v6 were measly.

I'd expect enterprise players could hook you up, but that comes with a pretty cost.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2017

Clouvider said: Are you looking for the network/server provider offering DDoS protection with v6 or for a dDoS protection company to protect your own infrastructure?

NTT does protect over IPv6 but they are not cheap.

Looking for dedicated servers (or VPS) on someone else's DDoS protected network. Like OVH, but not sure if they work for ipv6. Ideally several different servers at several different locations / networks.

Not looking for GRE tunnels or for specialized DNS hosting services.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The OVH DDOS protection for IPv4 only, personally I haven't seen DDOS protection for IPv6.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @Clouvider do you know of any Dedi/VPS provider who is using NTT's DDoS protection?

• BopieBopie Member

Maybe try @zare, or you can try my company @piohost who use zare for colo

Thanked by 2Zare rds100
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Yeah our Corero SmartWalls protect IPv4 and IPv6. DDoS protection is included free for all services.

Thanked by 2Bopie rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2017

@Zare do you offer ipv6 with your dedicated or cloud servers? I just checked and could not find any mention of ipv6 on your web page.

• BopieBopie Member

@rds100 said:
    @Zare do you offer ipv6 with your dedicated or cloud servers? I just checked and could not find any mention of ipv6 on your web page.

You have to submit a ticket with them and I don't believe they charge for them.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • I see that Voxility's DDoS protection AS (AS3223) is visible in the ipv6 routing table too.
    Can any of the providers who use tunnels from Voxility comment - do they also offer ipv6 protection through tunnels? Does anyone use it?

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

We can offer Layer7 DDoS Protection on IPv6, Layer4 is still under development but works already for common attacks :)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@rds100 said:
    @Clouvider do you know of any Dedi/VPS provider who is using NTT's DDoS protection?

Clouvider use NTT for protection.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    I see that Voxility's DDoS protection AS (AS3223) is visible in the ipv6 routing table too.
    Can any of the providers who use tunnels from Voxility comment - do they also offer ipv6 protection through tunnels? Does anyone use it?

Have queried them in the past. The answers no they don't have that capability.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

After working with Voxility ,I can tell you that it has random outages and bad routing to some places ,so make sure your site is not hosted with critical applications.dns is critical though !!

• WSSWSS Member

Just change your IP? :D

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • @WebProject said:
    The OVH DDOS protection for IPv4 only, personally I haven't seen DDOS protection for IPv6.

Yeah I don't know of any booters or people who ddos IPv6 addresses either

• MrKaruppu said: Tor exit node bitcoin donation: 1JLqxShorKdrQYDZ3sPSN1CtKiGf2XknED

Your balance depresses me.