Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any UK provider like RamNode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any UK provider like RamNode?

RAID 10 + SSD Cache / pure RAID 10 SSD
Kvm
IPv4 + IPv6
Debian 7 32b
rDNS for IPv4 ande IPv6

Thanks

Comments

• The closest you can get is Prometeus.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

Prometeus from UK? Never heard :)
    The closest you can get is AllSimple, excellent UK provider with rock solid performance. It's not KVM, but more unique RAID 10 Xen SSD, instant IPv4 and IPv6 rDNS.
    Check offers here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/6385

• MartinMartin Member

Thanks @Spirit

We do have some Xen VPSes which run on SSDs with a hardware RAID controller and the rDNS as mentioned, feel free to open a ticket if you have any questions, or check the link above for our current offers.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited June 2013

Until very recently SSDs where expensive in the UK compared to the USA. However they are starting to fall now in price.

The only person I can think of for this is @jtodd.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10224/uk-onappkvm-ssd-vps-in-kent-768mb5gb#latest

Not sure how he does it for that price even with his OnApp discounts but he does.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I doubt anyone does the exact same config for SSD caching, but there are a few in EU trying something similar :)

• @Nick_A said:
    I doubt anyone does the exact same config for SSD caching, but there are a few in EU trying something similar :)

The EU is a pretty big place and although we are in the EU, I tend to think of the EU as a seperate to the UK. We use a much better currency for exams. :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@Nick_A said:
    I doubt anyone does the exact same config for SSD caching

Is this bad? :) Host I recommended above do pure SSD btw.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Spirit said:
    Is this bad? :) Host I recommended above do pure SSD btw.

I'm not sure what you mean by "is this bad", but my point was that our SSD-caching system is unique as far as I know.

• @Nick_A said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "is this bad", but my point was that our SSD-caching system is unique as far as I know.

Anything other than using CacheCade? Special settings?

• prae5prae5 Member

Prometeus works well for the UK, I get between 30-40ms ping to them.

Other option is minivps.co.uk, get about 20ms ping to them.

• nunonuno Member

@Nick_A ... I hope you can start you service here :)

I'm not in UK, but UK (30ms) is the fastest route to good vps providers for me :)
    NL or DE is double

• zserozsero Member
    edited June 2013

This UK vs. EU location I think is a bit blown up. I get constant 26.2 ms ping from London and 35ms from Edinburgh to Prometeus in Italy.

I'd recommend you to choose a reliable and proven provider anywhere in the EU.

Update: I've just checked from super slow Virgin media cable, and on that one there is a difference, something like 20ms vs. 70ms. But Virgin has terrible links to all over the world, I actually use a VPN to make my connection faster!

On reliable connection (University or datacenter), I can ping Italy in <35ms.

• DamianDamian Member

I like Allsimple, and whatever company Sean runs, and whatever company Patrick runs, for UK connectivity.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2013

@Damian said:
    I like Allsimple, and whatever company Sean runs, and whatever company Patrick runs, for UK connectivity.

We stopped UK after all the DDoS though NL has been rock solid and growing quickly!

Thanks for the mention!

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Uk providers either offer pure ssd or pure hdd. No one seems to offer ssd cached high performance disk space like ramnode.