Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Lightsail DDOS-protection ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon Lightsail DDOS-protection ?

wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
edited March 2017 in General

Hi,

Does anyone know whether AWS Lightsail includes a DDOS-protection. I found "AWS Shield Standard", which is to be included for free in all AWS products, ben then at the Lightsail site there is no reference whatsoever ...

If there was no DDOS -protection: how can one protect him/herself against the bandwidth overage charges linked to a DDOS attack ?

Thanks

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

Order a cheap DDoS Protected VPS and use GRE tunnel ?

• @Bopie said:

Thanks for the tip: that is indeed a possibility, but I want to have a single point of contact for my server.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @Bopie Can you tell me more about it?

• BopieBopie Member

@wlambrechts said:

@Bopie said:

Thanks for the tip: that is indeed a possibility, but I want to have a single point of contact for my server.

Makes sense, I wish i could help more for information on their ddos protection but im clueless

• Not worth the risk for the poor performance people are reporting from lightsail.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

wlambrechts said: I want to have a single point of contact for my server.

Then just order and use a cheap DDOS protected VPS and don't bother with Lightsail entirely.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@wlambrechts said:

@Bopie said:

The answer is to get a slice ;)

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog