Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think of the Admin UI for VirtEngine's Cloud Platform
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think of the Admin UI for VirtEngine's Cloud Platform

DETioDETio Member
edited March 2017 in General

Hello LET,

This is Jonathan from VirtEngine looking to get some feedback on our Admin Area designs.

Here is a small album on Imgur, http://imgur.com/a/jyn4f

Thanks,

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Looks err, flashy? I guess?

• If I had a trash can in front of me right now, and I wasn't using mobile data, I'd make a GIF of me tossing VirtEngine in the can...

Just saying, your buttons are terribly aligned. Impersonate and the stuff above it are positioned weirdly.

• @MeltedLux said:
    Looks err, flashy? I guess?

Ummmmm.... @OnApp_Terry, I now love the admin interface to Solus/OnApp dearly :P

Thanked by 2Rhys OnApp_Terry
  • DETioDETio Member

FlamesRunner said: Just saying, your buttons are terribly aligned. Impersonate and the stuff above it are positioned weirdly.

It's still a work in progress, things will improve over time :).

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017
    1. Use a background color a bit darker, #F0F0F0 for example. [Keep the background of boxes white tho!]
    2. Less shadow effect on the boxes, you / your designer have used way too much.

Other then that i can't seem to see any other issue / possible change you can do just from a screenshot. A live preview would be better.

• I'll try to be as constructive as possible in my input:

• No full screen width support.
    • The dashboard graphs are of no use to me, I'd rather see data regarding load, IO, CPU usage etc... A list of spun up VMs somewhere with their current status would be nice.
    • Box shadows are so 5 years ago.
    • I'd rather see the activity log front and center instead of the "top launched xxx".
    • Buttons are too big, sizes are inconsistent.
    • This reminds me of Vultr, just not as nice.
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Still better looking than anything out there. Make sure is responsive design.

Thanked by 1austenite
  • Looking really nice, I'm sure you'll improve it with time.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Unrelated, albeit somewhat loosely related to the discussion:

That looks pretty horrible.

• @DigitalFyre said:
    I'll try to be as constructive as possible in my input:

• No full screen width support.
    • The dashboard graphs are of no use to me, I'd rather see data regarding load, IO, CPU usage etc... A list of spun up VMs somewhere with their current status would be nice.
    • Box shadows are so 5 years ago.
    • I'd rather see the activity log front and center instead of the "top launched xxx".
    • Buttons are too big, sizes are inconsistent.
    • This reminds me of Vultr, just not as nice.

It honestly looks a Bootstrap table, with two col-6 holding the server information inside. Not me very fancy, special, or nice. :/

• imokimok Member
    edited March 2017

As I've seen, people in LET have negative feelings to you (actually I don't know why), so even with the most beautiful or usable UI, they will tell you it's bad.

• MaherMaher Member

Not bad could and should be improved.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2017

@imok said:
    As I've seen, people in LET have negative feelings to you (actually I don't know why), so even with the most beautiful or usable UI, they will tell you it's bad.

If you've been here for some time, you'd know HOW many VirtEngine threads came out of DET.io.

Not trying to be rude though, but take a look:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106410/virtengine-cloud-platform-live-demo-for-testing-now-available#latest

• I don't know or care how many threads there are out there. I do not know these guys at all. One thing I do know pastels suck. Like some one else said too much shading. The buttons could use some work.

Signups and what not are not relevant to most people. Stats on the hardware would be nicer. Design to me is 99% useability and 1% the rest. Right now based on the picture I would not touch this yet.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • swainswain Member

My honest opinion is to hire a ui/ux designer to do the UI. It kinda looks like you attempted to use material-ui and just butchered it.

Thanked by 2imok sibaper
  • imokimok Member

@doghouch Right. I had forgotten that.

@swain I have the same advice.

• DETioDETio Member

swain said: My honest opinion is to hire a ui/ux designer to do the UI. It kinda looks like you attempted to use material-ui and just butchered it.

We are polishing most of the UI further in the following weeks , and have some upcoming changes with the Instance Launcher like here: