Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backup Vultr Snapshots
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backup Vultr Snapshots

emghemgh Member

Hey,

What's the easiest method to backup Vultr snapshots? I've got three custom coded scripts that i only have got there. Nowhere else. I'm thinkning about how risky this is since they dosen't run a good RAID conf. This is not a secret since they always refuse to answer the question.

Should i spinup a VPS for each snapshot and than run a program? Is that the simplest way?

Thanks!

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

Yep, that would be the easiest and maybe also the fasted method of doing to.
    Depending on the size of the snapshotted VMs it might also cost you just a few cents to get to your scripts.

• Regardless of the host has RAID or not, you never just have all your important stuff on one host/server. You ALWAYS need offsite backup of your important stuff.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2017

@myhken said:
    Regardless of the host has RAID or not, you never just have all your important stuff on one host/server. You ALWAYS need offsite backup of your important stuff.

That's what im doing right now!

• my use Vultr snapshots

Backup Vultr Snapshots coded scripts Can be shared??????

英文不太熟悉,我也是用的这个vps的服务器
    也用了vultr的快照
    请问,可以共享一下脚本吗,我也想备份

• bapbap Member

Hm....