Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling email addresses / email hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling email addresses / email hosting

QuintenQuinten Member

Hi all,

Let's say you have a really cool domain name like @dogs.com.
If I had interest in selling @dogs.com email addresses, would that be a good idea?
Do people do that already?

I don't have any experience with this and I have no clue about legal stuff.

Thank you!

Comments

• You have services like https://realnames.com/ that have got a lot of domain names they selling e-mail hosting on. I'm sure there is other services like it also.
    If there is a change of making money on something, people is doing that. ;)

• myhken said: You have services like https://realnames.com/ that have got a lot of domain names they selling e-mail hosting on. I'm sure there is other services like it also. If there is a change of making money on something, people is doing that. ;)

What they are doing is basically domain registration plus email hosting for 1 user. I'm looking for some advice/service on having 1 domain name and selling email hosting for multiple users.

• Quinten said: What they are doing is basically domain registration plus email hosting for 1 user.

No, they own a lot of domains. Etc, several years ago I used their service for the address [email protected] - I had to pay $35 just for that e-mail address. And anybody else can buy etc [email protected] so they offer the same service you want to offer. Of course, you just own one domains, they own thousands.

• WSSWSS Member

@myhken said:

Quinten said: What they are doing is basically domain registration plus email hosting for 1 user.

No, they own a lot of domains. Etc, several years ago I used their service for the address [email protected] - I had to pay $35 just for that e-mail address. And anybody else can buy etc [email protected] so they offer the same service you want to offer. Of course, you just own one domains, they own thousands.

This reminds me when someone registered [email protected] - yes, someone registered [email protected] before they bothered to lock down specific users. Dude got spammed to hell with bitching from other providers back in the day- I can only imagine what happened if it ever got in control of people with malicious intentions.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • Like mail.com offering?

If you offer cheap price ~10/y maybe