Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare

I have a domain with namecheap and its going through cloudflare, my dns is set to cloudflare dns and I also have a namecheap ssl on the website. When I disable the cloudflare dns for the whm, mail and webmail I can send emails from my website and Mozilla thunderbird but when I enable cloudflare dns on them all of a sudden the emails stop sending. What exactly do I need to do in order to be able to send my emails from behind SSL while using cloudflare? When I test my emails without the cloudflare active they all go to spam box instead of regular email box.

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2017

create a subdomain (something like mail.domain.com) then disable CloudFlare for that subdomain. Than on your mail client, set the IMAP amd SMTP server to that subdomain.

AFAIK CF is only for HTTP/S

• Not all ports are open on Cloudflare. Check List of Open ports. Since you are trying to send mail using thunderbird, It'll try to connect to port 25 which is not allowed on Cloudflare.

If you are sending mail from custom domain, you need to set up SPF/DKIM records on your domain. This may be reason for mails going to spam.

If you don't want to go through and maintain the records, you can use MXRoute or some other provider for your email needs.