Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM with 100mbit unmetered or 30TB on gigabit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM with 100mbit unmetered or 30TB on gigabit

Looking for, as the topic describes, KVM container(s) with 100mbit unmetered or 30TB on gigabit. Interested to see if anyone has any offers or has seen any such offers; such a thing may not exist. I'm not really looking for dedicated servers (yet), since the project doesn't need high CPU or RAM or disk.

Comments

• My 2c If you are really going to use 30TB on a vps, you will be paying almost same as a dedicated server.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited June 2013

Would probably need a 6 or 12 month commitment on the bandwidth $1 or so per TB

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Can do VZ with 100mbit unmetered...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@RobertClarke said:

You can find them around though, but not many KVM unmetered hosts.

• BradNDBradND Member

Budget?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited June 2013

@HC_Ro said:
    Would probably need a 6 or 12 month commitment on the bandwidth $1 or so per TB

That would be fine.

@BradND said:
    Budget?

Ideally, ~$40-60/month.

Other resources:
    1x CPU core
    384mb RAM
    10gb disk
    1x IPv4 to start, with an option of 4 more for 5 total.

• @RobertClarke said:

One day VZ sat and pondered.

Would he ever be free from this tyranny?

Then arrived KVM.

Everyone claimed KVM was better than him.

VZ retorted.

"I may not be free but at least I have my simplicity"

KVM had nothing to say.

KVM was confident he would win the day.

By: Michael Strickland

• EricSEricS Member

@Damian said:
    Ideally, ~$40-60/month.

Other resources:
    1x CPU core
    384mb RAM
    10gb disk
    1x IPv4 to start, with an option of 4 more for 5 total.

at that price i'll rent you my dedicated box from WSI but i'm not a reseller or provider so support is up to you :)

• @Damian said:
    Ideally, ~$40-60/month.

Unless you're running something public facing and thus able to get DDoS'd, then I recommend OVH BHS: http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/

I know this may seem like a joke, troll or a noob, but OVH BHS has improved a lot in support, flexibility and their network is amazing.

Support on phone spoke fluent English, noticed he used Google translate for a few words, but better than Frenched-English!

They unsuspended me when I got automaticly suspended for non-payment so I could get my files and move it over (something went wrong during transfer)

And some people call OVH's network cheap; because they peer a lot. But believe it or not, the internet exists out of peering! OVH has direct fiber from BHS throughout big exchanges in the US and are connected to their Paris hub. OVH peers with most ISPs directly so they literally deliver the traffic to your door, furthermore they have a few Tier1 carriers.

The only downside about OVH is their absolute hate for DDoS, but apart from that, they have become great!

• @Damian At your budget you may love to get wholesaleinternet server or ovh which will be cost effective.All you have to do is set up KVM

• DamianDamian Member

@EricS said:
    at that price i'll rent you my dedicated box from WSI but i'm not a reseller or provider so support is up to you :)

We already have a box from WSI, thanks though!

@BronzeByte said:
    I know this may seem like a joke, troll or a noob, but OVH BHS has improved a lot in support, flexibility and their network is amazing.

I do keep reading this, maybe we'll try them out. Are the IPs you get Canadian?

• @Damian said:

Yes

• @Damian said:

You can make them Canadian or US with the control panel. There's barely any info when you look up their IP addresses though.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Our Atoms have 100 mb unmettered and would go for about 50 $ or so with default disk 320 GB.

• DamianDamian Member

@Maounique said:
    Our Atoms have 100 mb unmettered and would go for about 50 $ or so with default disk 320 GB.

What's your next step up after an Atom?

None, unfortunately, the atoms are supermicro blades, 12 in a case, we can no longer offer any other kind of dedi due to some space constraints :(

• wut, KPN is full in Milan?

At least our racks are :) There is some reserve for situations like hardware failures to have spares and the space for the HA setup on tests now, but yeah, in general, we do not have much space left. Especially not for dedis :)

• @RobertClarke said:

PM me any unmetered offer you could offer with the price =)
    Eg 10mbps/25mbps/etc

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:
    What's the plan then, regarding new space/expansion?

We've enough space for the cloud and kvm/xen espansion, 12 servers are already sitting there waiting me to complete my test and there is room for 8 more. Then will see if the business is enough to look for another rack in another building of the campus.

Then there is the Romanian route, as secondary location, if M agree to sleep inside the DC ;-)

For a long term plan, as CTO of the company which host prometeus, I'm working to realize a new datacenter to be ready the next year :-)

@William said:
    wut, KPN is full in Milan?

Dunno, we are not with KPN ;-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2013

@Damian i3d sell dedicated servers for €25 with 100mbit unmetered so trying to push that much through a VPS seems pointless as that sounds like some fairly constant use which could affect other users sharing the link.

@prometeus said:
    if M agree to sleep inside the DC

Already tried, they chased me away...

• rds100rds100 Member

@Maounique it's too noisy :) Better put a tent in front of the DC :)

edited June 2013

Nah, I like that noise, it is blank noise unchanging and covers everything else, you get used to it after a while and you dont even hear it.
    Outside every police siren would wake me up, ppl honking their horns, etc.