Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server, 2TB HDD, 20€, Remote
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server, 2TB HDD, 20€, Remote

nobizzlenobizzle Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

Hey guys.

I know I've been asking quite a lot in the past, but I'm still desperately looking for a final solution for my dedi problem.

I'm looking for a dedicated server for private use. Backup space for my local data, a small website for me (probably a project management tool, a small blog), maybe some really small additional apps (vpn, bnc, etc.). Nothing special.

Its probably very tough to find a proper solution for a dedicated with the given specs.

Specs NEEDED
At least 2TB Bandwith which should be enough in general
At least decent power of the CPU and probably at least 8 GB RAM.
KVM or another remote solution is needed, as full disk encryption is a must to me.
2 TB HDD.
Location should be EU, preferably Germany or at least not too far away from Germany.

I will also need 3 IPv4s which i'd pay on top.

I'm currentl using a dedicated at hetzner. It's a I7-3770 with 16GB and 2*3TB HDD, which is actually very good, but also oversized as it idles most of the time. I also have a special offer from online.net, which i love, but 1 TB hdd is just too small and it is very difficult to grab a server when there are limited offers.

If there is anyone who can spare a small server for a nice guy who just wants to do some fun stuff as a hobby.. holla at me :D PM also very welcome. Thank you, guys :)

Thanks

Comments

• I Do have two specials from online E3/16GB if you're interested let me know.

• Look on worldstream.nl. But, you might do better to separate your backup storage requirements from your live server stuff. E.g. get a 2tb Hetzner Storagebox for your backups (10 euro/month, RAID, but not a VPS) and encrypt the data on the client side. I also like Online C14 with its new intensive mode, which is 0.005 euro per GB so you don't have to pay for a full 2TB if you're only using 1600GB, etc. You pay for the actual # of GB in use.

Then get a small KVM to run your services on.

Thanked by 1sirius
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Drop the KVM requirement and then wait for the next KS3C sale.

If you are concerned about your backups security, then just encrypt them before they leave your computer (and are stored encrypted on the dedi, but without full-disk encryption). And really, stuff like a small personal website, BNC or VPN do not justify the need for FDE. In any case, unlocking your encryption via KVM access shouldn't be assumed to provide any security, as KVM can be keylogged.

As for extra IPv4, also think twice if you have a real need, or could just set up some IPv6 or NAT VMs.

• SAPERASAPERA Member
    edited March 2017

@racksx said:
    I Do have two specials from online E3/16GB if you're interested let me know.

Do you want to resell it ?
    monthly price ?
    can you transfer server under my account completely ?

I have missed this offer due to cell phone verification . :sad

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

SAPERA said:

Do you want to resell it ? monthly price ? can you transfer server under my account completely ?

I thought it wasn't possible to transfer those. However they're not that great a deal compared to Hetzner auction servers. The Hetzners cost a bit more but have much more disk space and they are transferable.

• SAPERASAPERA Member
    edited March 2017

@willie said:

SAPERA said:

Do you want to resell it ? monthly price ? can you transfer server under my account completely ?

I thought it wasn't possible to transfer those. However they're not that great a deal compared to Hetzner auction servers. The Hetzners cost a bit more but have much more disk space and they are transferable.

Thanks willie for the info ,

Yes , you're right but i just need a 2TB hdd space and E3 is OK for me for my monthly budget , i am already using a 1TB server from online dot net , so would be better if i get 2tb of space . actually i was able to order 2x2 4TB server 29.99 EUR per month from their Special Offer but i didn't order becoz that was out of my rang , so 2tb is enough for me if it would be possible between us .

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@willie said:
    However they're not that great a deal compared to Hetzner auction servers. The Hetzners cost a bit more but have much more disk space and they are transferable.

Can you give me an example? Servers close to E3 32GB ram are above $34 for me when I looked at the auctions now. I'm not after big storage for non storage servers but E3 and high ram amounts would be really nice. I know you like to shop a round at Hetzner, but I never saw a deal beating online specials there.

• I see i7-2600 with 32gb for 29.41 euro ex-vat right now. E3 is somewhat more.

Online has the Dedibox Classic (Xeon D-1531, 32gb, 3*250gb ssd) for 30 euro+setup, total cpu comparable to a fast E3, or the Scaleway C2L (8-core Atom, 250gb direct ssd+50gb network ssd, 32gb ram) for 24 euro with no setup fee (total cpu speed maybe 1/2 an E3).

If you wanted 2tb of non-raid storage for backup, then ok, the Hetzners have 2x3tb=6tb which is way more than you need; but if you use raid then it's 3tb.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: but if you use raid then it's 3tb

Raid is not backup, and he already needs to store only backups there, so...

I haven't been with hetzner in some years, some of the regulars can shed a bit of light on how is their traffic lately? I need short bursts now and then, in the past my home connection was 4-5 times faster than what they could take.

• By the way , i need unlimited bandwidth per month instead 20TB .
    i m interested with online special server E3/16GB of RAM and 2TB storage ,
    but it seems that it is impossible to transfer a server to another account because i confirmed about it from online . :sad:

• YuraYura Member

I'm looking for a dedicated server for private use. Backup space for my local data, a small website for me (probably a project management tool, a small blog), maybe some really small additional apps (vpn, bnc, etc.).

i need unlimited bandwidth per month instead 20TB

Nothing special.

If there is anyone who can spare a small server for a nice guy who just wants to do some fun stuff as a hobby.

Fartmother