Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating the launch of our new site - Worldwide CDN plans starting at $5.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating the launch of our new site - Worldwide CDN plans starting at $5.

OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
edited March 2017 in Offers

We've expanded our LET exclusive specials to celebrate the launch of our new site. Now you too can pick performance where you want it, for just $5 a month.

The Details

• Each plan comes with 1 TB of bandwidth.
  • Manage through HostBill or direct with OnApp.
  • Static resources only - no live streaming available.
  • Unlimited CDN zones can be created.
  • SSL supported - shared or you can provide your own

Plans Available

Worldwide CDN
11 Total PoPs
Amstelveen, Ashburn, Dallas, London, Milan, Paris, Portland, Provo, Santa Clara, São Paulo, Singapore
Price: $5 a month
Order Worldwide CDN

European CDN
8 Total PoPs
Gdansk, Manchester, Milan, Lviv, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amstelveen
Order European CDN

USA CDN
8 Total PoPs
Ashburn, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Newark, Salt Lake City, Santa Clara, Seattle
Order USA CDN

Why use a CDN?

A few reasons: better worldwide performance. Reduce resource consumption on your server. Reduce bandwidth usage on your server.

Any questions? Looking for a specific PoP? I'm flexible - Ping me: [email protected] or on livechat at CDN.net.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Nice site, slightly jealous :-).

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @Someone said:
    The US - plan on your website only lists 7 locations. Seattle is missing ;)

Thanks, fixed ;)

@Clouvider said:
    Nice site, slightly jealous :-).

Thanks Dominic. Not bad for being wire framed on a red eye to Cleveland, right?

• @Someone said:
    @OnApp_Terry

And the EU plan says its 'free' as in 'free of charge'. ;)

Argh! Fixed that as well.

Though someone already noticed and signed up for it :D

• @Someone said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Additionally all 3 offers state: "Price $5.00 USD Once" while they are clearly on a monthly basis...

Yeah, this is unfortunately a HostBill bug. Let me think about it and see if might be able to make things clearer.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Looking good Terry! Some great plans too.

This is still on my to-do list of things to try whenever I'm free at some point! Should be good to get a comparison against some competitors but if the load-speed of your site is anything to go by it's impressive

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • South America is not included?

• @MarcusVinicius said:
    South America is not included?

You're right. I'm not sure how that happened.

Consider Sao Paulo added to the Worldwide plan :)

• @OnApp_Terry said:

@MarcusVinicius said:

Considered getting in touch with me about cloud.net s poor performance?

• @inthecloudblog said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@MarcusVinicius said:

I'm sorry, there's not much I can do there. We provide the performance metrics up front at https://www.cloud.net/search.

However we do not source our own infrastructure, so your previous offer of going direct to the source isn't applicable to us. If you would like to be a member of the OnApp federation you would need to sign up for an OnApp cloud.

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

Your system is sending passwords plain-text in emails...and saving them in the client area under emails. Great start. Thank god I used a bullshit password.

• @Qarizma said:
    Your system is sending passwords plain-text in emails...and saving them in the client area under emails. Great start. Thank god I used a bullshit password.

Thanks. In the past the password was assigned. Users can choose their own now, so I have removed that from the email template.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @OnApp_Terry said:

@inthecloudblog said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@MarcusVinicius said:

I'm sorry, there's not much I can do there. We provide the performance metrics up front at https://www.cloud.net/search.

However we do not source our own infrastructure, so your previous offer of going direct to the source isn't applicable to us. If you would like to be a member of the OnApp federation you would need to sign up for an OnApp cloud.

I think you are mixing stuff with someone else. I had a vm with you in Buenos Aires that could do 100 mbits inside Argentina but would not go beyond 50kb/s when reaching github.

• @OnApp_Terry said:

@MarcusVinicius said:

Great deal right now. South America is included.

• Can we use custom CNAME for the CDN domain?

• @Luke007 said:
    Can we use custom CNAME for the CDN domain?

Yes you can custom cnames like cdn.yourdomain.com

• JonesJones Member

@OnApp_Terry

Is there a plan to charge only through traffic?

• @Jones said:
    @OnApp_Terry

Is there a plan to charge only through traffic?

No, sorry.

Really $5 a month is the minimum we can do it for it to be possible for us, and you have to have some scale for it to be worth it for you. A CDN doesn't have any advantages unless your content is cached on the CDN PoP, but in order to do that you need to have steady traffic. So if the minimum price scares you off, I might suggest going with CloudFlare for now, until you have a higher traffic level, when we'd be happy to help.

• Can't find Sao Paulo when ordering in "LATAM: ".

• @webcraft said:
    Can't find Sao Paulo when ordering in "LATAM: ".

Sao Paulo is available on the package (seems a error). I got one.

• @webcraft said:
    Can't find Sao Paulo when ordering in "LATAM: ".

It is available in the worldwide location option.

• YuraYura Member

Nice design, congrats!

Terry, how these plans work after first TB? Billed $5 for each extra TB or pro-rata? Also, can I turn off any pops I don't want to use for specific zones (eg. get a worldwide plan and have CDN pop in London for website A, and Dallas and Santa Clara for website B)?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @Yura said:
    Nice design, congrats!

Terry, how these plans work after first TB? Billed $5 for each extra TB or pro-rata? Also, can I turn off any pops I don't want to use for specific zones (eg. get a worldwide plan and have CDN pop in London for website A, and Dallas and Santa Clara for website B)?

After the first TB they're billed at $.025 per GB. If you do think you're going to go over, just contact us and we can top you up at the pre-purchased rate.

There isn't a way to turn off PoPs, but I'm going to send that in as a feature request to the OnApp dev team.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @OnApp_Terry said:

@Yura said:
    Nice design, congrats!

After the first TB they're billed at $.025 per GB. If you do think you're going to go over, just contact us and we can top you up at the pre-purchased rate.

There isn't a way to turn off PoPs, but I'm going to send that in as a feature request to the OnApp dev team.

Great deal and Terry is a nice guy.