Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for medium Plex storage server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for medium Plex storage server

SyerateSyerate Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I am looking for a medium sized VPS which i can use to host a small, personal Plex server, maybe 2 people streaming at the same time, this will be direct streaming, no need for encoding.

Specs:

2 Cores
1GB RAM
400/500GB HDD
2/3TB BW

OpenVZ or KVM

Europe location, if possible close to the UK, as i have had a server in Romania etc but it's 60/70 plus ms, looking for around 35/40ms.

I am looking to pay around £10/15, but i may be flexible.

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

I have nothing to offer, but for just Plex you should expand your area. I have a small VPS setup in OVH Montreal on one of my servers that's around 70-80ms from me (central U.S.) and I never have any buffering issues watching 1080p no encoding. Plus OVH Montreal, just for an example, is only 80-90ms from most of the U.K.

• SyerateSyerate Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    I have nothing to offer, but for just Plex you should expand your area. I have a small VPS setup in OVH Montreal on one of my servers that's around 70-80ms from me (central U.S.) and I never have any buffering issues watching 1080p no encoding. Plus OVH Montreal, just for an example, is only 80-90ms from most of the U.K.

I guess maybe it's because because of the network itself, I know ovh has a decent network so I'm not surprised it till functions okay, i mean if you have any recommendations for any decent east cost USA host do let me know.

• Have you tried speedtesting your current vps, and in case of a too low result, submit a ticket to your host?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Come to us, we have servers, we have cookies...

• ehabehab Member
    edited March 2017

you need zxhost

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited March 2017

@time4vps said: Come to us, we have servers, we have cookies...

Only Cookies ? -..-

@time4vps said:
    Come to us, we have servers, we have cookies...

Only if cookies alone were enough, but i see most of your packages only have 1 cores, i would need atleast 2.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Syerate said: i would need atleast 2.

Why? You wrote that you will not perform encoding tasks in requirements.

edited March 2017

@time4vps said:

@time4vps said:

I require 2 for bursting purposes really, as i run sonarr, and Plex so they do search and index TV shows automatically which is why i need a little bit of processing power, even if it's only 2 Cores.

• Check our KVM packages out, https://piohost.co.uk/kvm-vps.php the KVM-8G would fit your need for space plus use promo code 30OFF and get yourself a nice discount so it fits in your budget.

also to check your ping use http://lg.piohost.co.uk, Any more questions just ask