Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to route all traffic through Shadowsocks in Linux/Windows?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to route all traffic through Shadowsocks in Linux/Windows?

miktarqmiktarq Member

Shadowsocks works well. How to route all traffic through Shadowsocks in Linux (Ubuntu)/Windows? Could you tell me? Thank you.

Comments

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited March 2017

You do not want to route all your traffic over layer 5. You should be better off using L2/3-Routing.

• @fLoo said:
    You do not want to route all your traffic over layer 5. You should be better off using L2/3-Routing.

Is it possible that what I want is realized? I want this: Route all traffic through Shadowsocks in Linux/Windows.

• @miktarq said:
    Shadowsocks works well. How to route all traffic through Shadowsocks in Linux (Ubuntu)/Windows? Could you tell me? Thank you.

It's totally doable. And in fact quite a few router firmware distributions do this quite well.

If you were talking about a home/office network, you can get a router that can run one of the modified firmwares.

If a data center set up is concerned, you can have an additional VPS run as the gateway for the main server. Search for LEDE X64.

• Shadowsocks libev has a redir option. Check it out.

• Check out Proxifier, Sockscap, or Proxycap for forcing apps that don't usually expect a proxy to send their traffic to SS or SSR.

Thanked by 2t0m pluush
  • can i route voip traffic through shadow socks ?

• can we use linux based shadowsocks client to route all traffic of LAN to Server. ?

LAN Traffic -> Switch- > cisco Router -> SS client (Centos 7) -> SS Server

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Please don't nerco a 3 year old thread.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.